What's new

Need Advice Buying 3GS on Ebay

awang429

Reaction score
My daughter's iPhone was stolen. I have 9 months left on the contract with ATT. A new 3GS at the ATT store is $449. I'd like to get one cheaper on ebay if it's safe.

Anyone have advice on what to look out for? I want to be able to buy a phone take it into the AT store and say, "my daughter's phone was stolen, I suspended service on my account, please activate this 2nd phone on the account"

Any tips on making sure I get a a good phone? I have been looking for phones that say New or Used in excellent condition and I have also been looking for phones that have not been jailbroken or unlocked and that DO say they are of ATT use. Anything else?

Your best bet is to find on in the US only and try to get one that has'nt been unlocked or jailbroken. The reason why i say US and not unlocked or JB is because there are some out there that are not real iphones and you may have issues with the JB ones because you will have no clue on the JB and what to use.

Buyer Beware. Check craigslist.com also for possible trades..Have an xbox360 sitting around? I would heed (^^^) jbs06civic's advice.

I have bought many phones on craigslist without any issues. Just make sure u have seller meet you at an AT&T store to make sure phone has a clean esn. Once phone is activated without issue pay the seller. If the seller is legit then they should have no issues meeting you at the AT&T store.

If the seller is legit then they should have no issues meeting you at the AT&T store.

i couldn't agree more... i have bought several off craigslist and had them meet me at a Verizon store. If they wont meet at a store its almost guaranteed to be stolen or something else wrong with the device.

Garrett said:
i couldn't agree more... i have bought several off craigslist and had them meet me at a Verizon store. If they wont meet at a store its almost guaranteed to be stolen or something else wrong with the device.

+1...this is a great move by the way

I would not buy any thing from any one with less with 99% positive feedback