What's new

Which iPhone 4s do i buy?

jsvlad

Reaction score
Which iPhone 4s do i buy?
I want to buy an iphone 4s.
I live in Israel and I will be in USA during April and then returning back to israel

I want to know if i buy
1. iphone 4s unlocked Factory - about 650 ish on ebay, 650 on amazon
2. iphone 4s unlocked via Gevey Sim - about 600
3. iphone 4s locked to ATT - 500 ,, then buy a gevey ULTRA sim for 5 dollars-- a total of 510 ish..
4. iphone 4s unlocked via apple store 700 (650 on website.. +taxes etc = 700 ish)

i email some of these people.. can the iphone 4s be unlocked and some say "NO IT CANNOT".

what do i do? please advise.

about me:
my first iphone. i had/have an iPod and i jail broke it. GF also has an iPhone (we live in israel) and i jail broke that for her too. if it is possible to break a cheaper 500 locked to att iphone with a gevey ultra sim,

The new 4s can only be unlocked if its on software 5.0.1 the gevey is more than $10 they are about $60+ and hard to come by.

The Gevey Ultra S will unlock the 4S Basebands 1.0.11, 1.0.13 & 1.0.14 on iOS 5.0 & 5.0.1. Haven't heard any actual user reviews yet, though. Always purchase Gevey products through a trusted supplier, though. We always recommend Applenberry.com.

Last edited:
i will look for a trusted supplier. i seem them priced at 15 dollars..
it seems like ppl are suggesting that i go with the iphone 4s locked and buy a gevey ultra... is this correct?

i will look for a trusted supplier. i seem them priced at 15 dollars..it seems like ppl are suggesting that i go with the iphone 4s locked and buy a gevey ultra... is this correct?
No, not necessarily. I'd honestly suggest that you purchase one that's Factory Unlocked from Apple. That way you'll never have to rely on any type of unlock tool. As well as being able to Update to the newest iOS releases when they come out.

No, not necessarily. I'd honestly suggest that you purchase one that's Factory Unlocked from Apple. That way you'll never have to rely on any type of unlock tool. As well as being able to Update to the newest iOS releases when they come out.

This.

I would definietly get the factory unlocked.

