What's new

Navigation Apps iPhone 4S offline

Jds96d

Reaction score
Hi, I have an old iPhone 4S that I have been using as a Touch. It doesn't have a service plan/data plan on it. I have heard that apps such as Navigon, TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, and Sygnic have offline navigation through their downloaded maps. I understand that this works through the iPhone GPS signal. I was wondering if anyone has tried these "offline" before. If so, how accurate are they? Does voice navigation still work offline? How well does it autocorrect on a route offline? Thanks for the help.

you have to be on wifi to download the maps for offline use. has nothing to do with the GPS signal. the GPS signal only tells the maps where you are.

I use MotionX GPS and MotionX GPS Drive for my navigation. When I know I am going out of cell signal, I will download the areas I am traveling to before I leave my house. Example, I downloaded the Smoky Mtn National Park and Gatlinburg, TN. Turned off the cell radio and wifi to conserve battery and went hiking.

Thanks for the help. Did "voice" work and redirection work without a signal and wifi?