What's new

Myi iphone works in Spain but will it work in the UK?

Jay20122

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought an unlocked iPhone from a mate in Spain. I've been living here all summer but am going back to the UK in a few weeks. I've had the phone for about 2 or 3 weeks but he now seems to think the phone will not work in the UK as it is blocked. It was originally on contract on the Orange network in UK. He got given the phone by his dad but upon telling his dad that he had sold the phone to me, his dad said it won't work in uk as it has been blocked by the imei number on the phone.. But my mate was using it with Spanish sim no problem. He has offered to give me my money back but since I'd taken time and spent money on apps etc Ideally I want to keep it and that's why I'm on this forum asking for some advice. I have no choice if the phone wont work in the UK. I guess my question is.. is it possible that the phone would work in Spain but not in UK? Thanks in advance!

As a rule when an iPhone is blocked in one country...the iPhone may be usable in another country, as the block on the IMEI is not International....but if the iPhone returns to the country of origin it will be blocked again...

As a rule when an iPhone is blocked in one country...the iPhone may be usable in another country, as the block on the IMEI is not International....but if the iPhone returns to the country of origin it will be blocked again...

Thank you very much for the advice! So u think i should take the money back?