What's new

My new iphone 3GS 32GB screen problem

3GEE.S

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a "brand new" iphone 3GS 32GB from a private sale and the guy told me that the phone is brand new and is still under warranty. All that is true but when I turned it on for the first time the screen cut into 2 sections. When I asked the guy what was up with the screen he said its because he hasn't used the phone for a long time. So i brought the phone home and I unlocked it and began using it and it happened again so I updated to 4.3.1 and it does it from time to time. Just extra details about the problem it self.

The phone would be working perfectly and in the middle of a game or a message the screen would just go nuts and split the display into 2 so it would show apps from 2 pages on the same screen itself. You would have half the apps from one page and half the apps from the other page displayed on the same screen and the only way to bring the screen back to normal is to turn off the phone and back on again.

I have tried to update to 4.3.2 but I keep getting error 3194 that I still haven't figured out and I still have warranty on the phone so I thought before I make a long trip to the apple store to see what the problem is I thought that I would post on here maybe someone has come across this problem before and has a solution for it. I'm not sure if its a hardware or software issue but if you require more details about the problem then please say so and I will further describe it and maybe take a picture if it happens again.

Thankyou