What's new

My iPhone battery not charging !!

Hegazich

Reaction score
Hi ..

Recently my iPhone 4s has stopped charging by any cable .. the charging sign appear when I plugged in to charge but with no action !! only charging when I connect it with my laptop !!

I changed the cable many times but nothing happened !!

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you and wish you have a good day ..

Have you tried using a different charger? It sounds like the charger that plugs into the wall socket is defective. If you have another charger, try it with your cables. If not, take your phone, cables, and charger to the nearest Apple Store or authorized reseller to have them checked out. A new charger costs less than $30.00.

Thank you for responding so quickly ...
about my problem I'm already tried another 2 charger included original one and have the same thing !!
my iPhone only charging when connect it to my laptop !!

Thank you again ,,

Have you tried using the charger in several different outlets in case the wall socket you tried is not live?

Have you taken your chargers, cables, and iPhone to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store as I suggested? They can run a full diagnostic on them to determine if you have a hardware issue that's preventing your phone from charging when connected to the charger.

I think I'll do it .. I'll go to authorized reseller here ..
Thank you again for help ..

Let us know what happens. I'm interested in finding out exactly what's causing your problem. In researching your problem I found lots of incidents of phones charging with the charger but not with the laptop, exactly the opposite of your problem.

I had a phone I worked on with the same issue. Confirmed a good cord and good charger. I swapped out the charge port in the phone and it solved the problem. I can't give you a good reason why it worked as it uses the same pins to charge no matter from the wall or the computer. But it solved the issue.

If you have an OEM USB cable many of them are going bad. Apple will replace it for free no matter how old it is.

Thank you Coastiejoe .. I'm really appreciate your help ..

but I think the problem was this plug :)
I changed 3 cables but I used the same plug !!
and when I use another one everything became ok

I forgot this plug Made in China !

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 432
If I'm not mistaken , that 'plug' is the 'Charger' and this is what scifan57 hinted at in post #2.

yeah drjaycee it was my mistake .. and Scifan57 was right from first ..
I thought the problem with the cables and this cables is the charger as I thought not this plug !! .. so I changed the cables 3 times ... I'm sorry for this misunderstanding !!

Thank you so much Scifan57 ... you are the best ...

You're welcome! What matters now is that your iPhone is now charging again.