What's new

Charging

spaced

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've noticed that sometimes when I charge my iPhone 4 (once every 2 days) when first plug in the apple charger (iPad 1 charger plug and USB cable) nothing happens. If I take the charger connection out of the iPhone and plug in again it starts charging. It's only ever sometimes when I plug in for the first time.

Any idea what this could be?

Possibly could one of the following:

Dirty contact.
Lose pin.
Slightly off center position.

You could try gently clean the contacts with a very soft cloth. But beyond that, replacing the cable may be in order.

Hi guys, I've cleaned the connection and used a different charger. I have even wiped my iPhone and restored it from backup, and still I have to plug in the charger, remove and plug in again for it start charging. Any ideas?

Try a hard reset,hold down your sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the apple appears then let go,the phone will reboot,this can fix many glitches,let us know how it goes.

Cool, I will try that and report back!

It didn't work. I charge it every 2 days and whenever I first plug it in, nothing happens. I then remove the connection and plug it back it and it charges fine, no matter how many times I remove and reconnect after that it charges. It's only when it's been a used for a couple of days and is due to be charged. It's starting to get a little annoying as it does not make sense! If it was a connection, cable or pin problem it would happen more. A hard reset and full restore hasn't helped either. Racking my brains for an answer!!

I have the same thing an all I can figure is its due to using multiple chargers that all vary in some way, probably the amperage. Its like it gets in tune with my aftermarket charger then doesnt recognize my apple charger and vice versa. .

Good point. I have the charger it came with and an after market one. I'm going to try my wifes one

I've just realised that I've been using my iPad 1 charger but I don't think would make a difference?

Possibly if its a different amperage. The only reason i watch it is ive already had one phone go down cuz the charging port took a dump on me. Im gonna try using just one charger for a week and see what happens.

It seems to be the iPad charger and off the shelf charger. I have even using my wife's 4S charger with no problems