What's new

my iphone 4 was damaged and cannot be activated

hawkar33

Reaction score
my iphone 4 was damaged and cannot be activated but now i am not able to use it, it has the latest software, but when I try to activate it, itunes says, iphone connected may be damaged and cannot be activated ........and the screen in the phone just shows the itunes icon and I can not do any thing with it, Please some body help me.

Thanks.

my iphone 4 was damaged and cannot be activated but now i am not able to use it, it has the latest software, but when I try to activate it, itunes says, iphone connected may be damaged and cannot be activated ........and the screen in the phone just shows the itunes icon and I can not do any thing with it, Please some body help me.

Thanks.

You have to unbrick your iphone. Then follow the steps that i show you after you watch this video that shows you how to unbrick your iphone

Then after that go to:
Settings
general
reset
Erase all content and settings.
Now sync your iphone with your latest backup.
Please try this, I bet it will work.
Respond to this thread if you have any Questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
dhruv31296 said:
You have to unbrick your iphone. Then follow the steps that i show you after you watch this video that shows you how to unbrick your iphone
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz1YWVW8WMI

Then after that go to:
Settings
general
reset
Erase all content and settings.
Now sync your iphone with your latest backup.
Please try this, I bet it will work.
Respond to this thread if you have any Questions.

Their phone isnt bricked. You do not even know the meaning of 'bricked'. Bricked means the phone will never again work unless it is physically rebuilt.

Buddy, if the iphone is cannot be activated it is basically bricked BECAUSE IT IS NOT USEABLE. And if the phone is showing the connect to itunes screen it is bricked BECAUSE IT IS NOT USEABLE. I'm not trying to be mean but you think your the genius with iphones and all that crap. You have to much hubris. And i did this and my iphone works like the day i bought it so just try what i instructed.

dhruv31296 said:
Buddy, if the iphone is cannot be activated it is basically bricked BECAUSE IT IS NOT USEABLE. And if the phone is showing the connect to itunes screen it is bricked BECAUSE IT IS NOT USEABLE. I'm not trying to be mean but you think your the genius with iphones and all that crap. You have to much hubris. And i did this and my iphone works like the day i bought it so just try what i instructed.

Dont be rude. Bricked means it will never work until it is PHYSICALLY rebuilt.

This isnt helping the OP,keep it friendly please.

This isnt helping the OP,keep it friendly please.

Sorry, but he was rude. I know what im talking about. I messaged another member who told me i was correct. Anyway, to the OP, I would take it to the apple store

Sorry, but he was rude. I know what im talking about. I messaged another member who told me i was correct. Anyway, to the OP, I would take it to the apple store

That high and mighty attitude will not get you far on this forum. Everyone here is nice and we all help each other out. So please, if you are going to be like that then don't post. This is a family website.

And to the OP, did you actually physically damage it? Or is iTunes just saying that? Has it worked in iTunes before? I would try putting it into DFU mode and restore the phone. Google DFU mode if you don't know what it is. And if that doesn't work, I'd take it to the apple store and see if they can help you out. If the phone is less than a year old they might replace it with a new one if they can't fix it.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Last edited:
Chris951 said:
That high and mighty attitude will not get you far on this forum. Everyone here is nice and we all help each other out. So please, if you are going to be like that then don't post. This is a family website.

And to the OP, did you actually physically damage it? Or is iTunes just saying that? Has it worked in iTunes before? I would try putting it into DFU mode and restore the phone. Google DFU mode if you don't know what it is. And if that doesn't work, I'd take it to the apple store and see if they can help you out. If the phone is less than a year old they might replace it with a new one if they can't fix it.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Im the one with the attitude? The guy who told me i was wrong has the attitude. Whatever then

Im leaving this thread open for now as the OP is still looking for help but no more remarks please h2olover1.

Poisonivy said:
Im leaving this thread open for now as the OP is still looking for help but no more remarks please h2olover1.

Ok sorry

Ok just watch this video and do everything right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear dhruv31296,
Till now not have solved yet, I did your steps but i did'nt solved my Iphone when I want to jailbreak after the next button, it stop the loading to jailbreak it, like the picture that i will send to you, and my iphone screen change to the (IPHONE!) like the picture.

What am I do to solve my Iphone please provide me another way?
$IMG_0001.jpg$qqqqqwq.jpg