What's new

My ipad is not working ...

dosti

Reaction score
My ipad2 was not working properly in a sense it was stucking sometimes then i decided to format it ... I hit erase all contents n settings button and its been 10 hours its showing busy icon i tried to hit m hold the reset button on the upper corner of ipad and tried to connect to my pc thru cable but still same busy icon.... Any body please help me what should i do .....
Waiting desperately....
Worried

My ipad2 was not working properly in a sense it was stucking sometimes then i decided to format it ... I hit erase all contents n settings button and its been 10 hours its showing busy icon i tried to hit m hold the reset button on the upper corner of ipad and tried to connect to my pc thru cable but still same busy icon.... Any body please help me what should i do .....
Waiting desperately....
Worried

Was your iPad jailbroken?

You can never use the "Erase All Content and Settings" option on *any* jailbroken device.

If that is not then case then you should still restore the iPad and NOT from a backup. Whatever was causing problems would just be restored back to the device.

You should DFU restore to the 5.1.1 iPad iPSW from iTunes.

Restoring from the device itself using iCloud is not a true restore(completely removing and reinstalling the iOS)

Waiting desperately....
Worried

It may take quite a bit of time depending on what you had on your iPad prior to resetting and erasing all contents. As zig9449 mentioned, there are certain guidelines that must be followed on a JB device. So please keep this in mind.