What's new

My first question and doubs. AT&T threats me about tethering

PDA net actually uses cellular data instead of tethering data so when "the man" is watching it just looks like your on your phone downloading and not tethering, IMO I think all of these cellular companies are robbing us as a whole, for instance you pay for "unlimited" data but is it really unlimited, I say neigh, if it's restricted to your phone only, but if it's unlimited shouldn't we be able to decide what to do with our data? To me it would be like if I was to go to, an all you can eat buffet, and after 3 plates they tell you've had enough, and there are some who take food home with them, so if you do any of that and they tell you, you have to pay more for those extra plates or, taking the food home? So would that be ok? Before you start throwing the word "stealing" around consider these things, keep your nose out of the air, and seriously think about what you say before you say it.

I used the 2gb data plan during this month, when you get to 65% they text you a warning. Then when you pass the 2gb limit, you will receive inmediately a text message stating the extra $10 already being added to your next bill. I passed the limit by aound 5mb of 1gb (1024mb) and they charge me $10 extra. My cycle started to run again July 4, 2011 (Independence Day). :)

So each megabyte should be around $0.009 cents. But of course, AT&T won't prorate the extra amount, which I think they should.

I think they should bill on increments of 10mb-20mb and not by increment of 1gb.

Last edited:
To me it would be like if I was to go to, an all you can eat buffet, and after 3 plates they tell you've had enough, and there are some who take food home with them, so if you do any of that and they tell you, you have to pay more for those extra plates or, taking the food home? So would that be ok? Before you start throwing the word "stealing" around consider these things, keep your nose out of the air, and seriously think about what you say before you say it.

Finally someone understand. Maybe the other guys who posted defending AT&T are employees of the company. I totally agree with that. I just think AT&T were not able to handle the demand of the data network after being given the exclusivity by Apple for the iPhone. That is why they are cancelling the unlimited data. The others that remain, I am sure once their contract is due, they will be forced to the 2GB data plan.

As for PDANet, do you think using PDAnet, will avoid detection? The last version has two hiding options.

When I started using MyWi, they started with the tethering warnings. So I think MyWi was not that good at all. Though it has a good interface.