What's new

My Accelerometer Is Broken

sosovirus

Reaction score
Hi All,

I Have IPhone 4 for 2 Months Now IOS 4.3.4

But From about 15 Day While I Was Using My IPhone (Maps)

I Noticed That the Phone is getting very hot and the Battery (80% to 50% in less than 10 minutes) is getting low very Quick

So that i switched it off for 1 hour and Turned it on again but the Battery discharge very Quick (less than 1 hour)

So that when i went to home i plugged the charger and switched it off for 4hours

When i wake up i turned it on and tried to use the compass but what is that?? (The Compass Got Crazy it rotates everywhere without stopping and the phone was getting hot then it Frozen at 27 N (all that is less than 30 sec.))

So that closed it then opened it again but it’s frozen at 27 N so that i thought that is SW Issue

So that i Downloaded IOS 4.3.4 then upgraded it from 4.3.3 when it completed i opened the Compass but at this time it were 0 N Frozen not 27 N

I Putted the Phone in DFU Mode and restored the IOS 4.3.4 but it does fixed the Problem

At the next day i tried to use it the compass again but no luck at all

The Big Surprise When i Tried to use Safari or use IPod or Photos (There is no Rotation) what the!!!!!!

Battery is discharging now very Quick

When I Uses Maps it Gets Very Hot between Apple Logo and the Camera in the Back!

I tried any game uses the Accelerometer Sensor but it opens but don't work Like (R.Racing GTI - AoD - ...) and the Battery is getting low very Quick less than one day

So that i searched the internet for this problem and i found many things

1- Use calibration Programs like [iHandy Level] Frozen at the center (No Luck)

2- Use Magnet (No Luck)

3- SW Issue (no Luck)

4- Patriot Orientation Locked or Unlocked (No Luck)

5- Return it To Apple Support and they change it for you (HOW?)

So Please Help Me I’m crying now over it.

P.S: I Lives in Egypt and I can’t contact IPhone Support over internet.
What I Can Do?

P.S: No one in Apple Support Answered me for more than 3 days now from Jul 24, 2011

Thanks In Advance

Eng. Islam Galal

Well if you still have warranty just take it in, you can make an appointment online i believe.

I only know that the orientation can be fixed by turning it off and on, that might actually be able to fix some of these other little tweaks. Although I am not too sure about the battery. But if it is getting very hot, it is using up a lot of processing power, so if you turn it off like completely and have it start up from scratch it might stop the process it may be stuck on.

Thanks accessoriesguy

but i bought it from another country KSA

and i can't make appointment online case im from Egypt

Can i just return it to any apple store at any country or just from the country i bought it from ?

sosovirus said:
Thanks accessoriesguy

Can i just return it to any apple store at any country or just from the country i bought it from ?

Any country.

sosovirus said:
Thanks accessoriesguy

Any country.

Thanks iCrank
i will go to them tomorrow
but PLZ what they need to change it with a new one as i'm in the first 90 day

sosovirus said:
Thanks iCrank

Just explain to them the situation. If your jailbroken. Restore bc they will not help you if you are

sosovirus said:
Thanks iCrank

Just explain to them the situation. If your jailbroken. Restore bc they will not help you if you are

i jailbroken it once before but now i'm running 4.3.4 fresh IOS (Restore it DFU Mode)
so that is a problem! or what to do ?

sosovirus said:
i jailbroken it once before but now i'm running 4.3.4 fresh IOS (Restore it DFU Mode)
so that is a problem! or what to do ?

Thats ok. Don't mention jailbreaking. Be calm don't sweat and if they ask you what color papa smurf is say blue

Thanks iCrank i did it>>>> i changed it after 3 months but that OK here in Egypt we don't have Apple Store so that i sent it with my friend to USA and he changed it for me but what the *moderated*it was AT&T Ver. and don't work in Egypt so that i sent it with another friend to USA again and told them to unlock it or do anything to make it work in Egypt and he faced many troubles but after 3 hours they unlocked it and when he gave it to me it works perfect but there are some Questions i what to know so Please help me in them :- How They Unlocked It Without Changing the Main HW ?? first when they send me it after unlocking it the model info. was Network: AT&T Version: 4.3.3 (8L1) Carrier: 10 Model: MC319LL Model Firmware: 04.10.01 so that as i know iOS 4.3.3 is the best for JB so i inserted the SIM Card and Dock to the PC and Stared the Itunes and when it finished the configuration it changed the info to this Network: Vodafone (my carrier) Version: 4.3.5 (8L1) (i didn't make any update) Carrier: 10.1 (he asked me to update it and i agreed) Model: MC319LL Model Firmware: 04.10.01 1- how he changed the IOS to 4.3.5 without updating 2- is it OK to JB it as the old unlocked Ver. or he need a Custom IOS (Carrier Setting) 3- is it A Good Model (MC319LL) & FW (04.10.01) As Many Say that is not Good 4- when i will upgrade it to ISO 5 will it be still unlocked or what ??? 5- Can I Upgrade it to any IOS Ver. And it will be still unlocked case many say that he returns Locked to AT&T Thanks In Advance, I.G

Last edited by a moderator:
sosovirus said:
Thanks iCrank i did it>>>> i changed it after 3 months but that OK here in Egypt we don't have Apple Store so that i sent it with my friend to USA and he changed it for me but what the *moderated*it was AT&T Ver. and don't work in Egypt so that i sent it with another friend to USA again and told them to unlock it or do anything to make it work in Egypt and he faced many troubles but after 3 hours they unlocked it and when he gave it to me it works perfect but there are some Questions i what to know so Please help me in them :- How They Unlocked It Without Changing the Main HW ?? first when they send me it after unlocking it the model info. was Network: AT&T Version: 4.3.3 (8L1) Carrier: 10 Model: MC319LL Model Firmware: 04.10.01 so that as i know iOS 4.3.3 is the best for JB so i inserted the SIM Card and Dock to the PC and Stared the Itunes and when it finished the configuration it changed the info to this Network: Vodafone (my carrier) Version: 4.3.5 (8L1) (i didn't make any update) Carrier: 10.1 (he asked me to update it and i agreed) Model: MC319LL Model Firmware: 04.10.01 1- how he changed the IOS to 4.3.5 without updating 2- is it OK to JB it as the old unlocked Ver. or he need a Custom IOS (Carrier Setting) 3- is it A Good Model (MC319LL) & FW (04.10.01) As Many Say that is not Good 4- when i will upgrade it to ISO 5 will it be still unlocked or what ??? 5- Can I Upgrade it to any IOS Ver. And it will be still unlocked case many say that he returns Locked to AT&T Thanks In Advance, I.G

You're welcome. Don't forget to like. Lol

Last edited: