What's new

Muting the phone also mutes my alarm clock!

Benjammin

Reaction score
On every other apple device i have, my volume control can be turned all the way off by using the volume buttons.

On my iphone 4S, this is not the case. it only goes down to the last bar. so there is always volume...

I do realize that there is a mute button on the side above the volume adjust buttons, but when i turn that to mute ( at night when i go to sleep so my phone doesnt wake me up) my alarm clock doesnt go off the next morning because my phone is on mute!

Is there a way to get the volume down to zero so my ringer doesnt go off, but i can also have my alarm clock go off?

This problem seems ridiculous since every phone ive had in the past 8 years has been able to override the alarm clock and still wake me up in the morning.

Please help me, this problem us uber annoying, and im not sure why apple didnt just make the volume control able to go all the way down.

Is this a fluke with my phone, or is this how everyones phones are?

Is there a fix to the problem?

I would appreciate ANY feedback!

The alarm is actually ringing while your phone is on mute, but because before you mute your phone you've turn down the volume to 0, the alarm is ringing but on a 0 volume. What you can do is to adjust the system volume to 40 or 50%, now mute you phone but pushing down the mute button, in the morning, your alarm will ring and will wake you up because there is a volume to 40 or 50% on the phone even though the phone is in mute mode. ok?

bab2010 said:
The alarm is actually ringing while your phone is on mute, but because before you mute your phone you've turn down the volume to 0, the alarm is ringing but on a 0 volume. What you can do is to adjust the system volume to 40 or 50%, now mute you phone but pushing down the mute button, in the morning, your alarm will ring and will wake you up because there is a volume to 40 or 50% on the phone even though the phone is in mute mode. ok?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net