What's new

Music - Continuous Mode???

12gauge

Reaction score
I cannot seem to figure out how to set my music app to a continuous album mode. e.g. when last song on current album ends continue at first song of next album.
Any help would be appreciated.
BTW - Not interested in making a playlist or just turning shuffle on

Go to the albums part of the iPod. Click on a single and just press the repeat loop for the entire list, not just a single song

thank you for your response, however that option does not enable the player to continue to the next album, it just repeats the current album.

Oh. Misread it for just looping a single album. I don't think there's a stock option to do so. I'm not even sure Cydia has a tweak for that

Oh. Misread it for just looping a single album. I don't think there's a stock option to do so. I'm not even sure Cydia has a tweak for that
Bummer, thanks for the response... Hopefully someone else might know.

12gauge said:
Bummer, thanks for the response... Hopefully someone else might know.
Unfortunately this isn't possible.... you can loop one track, one album, or your entire library. You cannot loop a particular artist. Creating an artist specific playlist is your only option.

Unfortunately this isn't possible.... you can loop one track, one album, or your entire library. You cannot loop a particular artist. Creating an artist specific playlist is your only option.

What if the op selected the artist tab, select an artist, then play all songs by that artist and set that to repeat? It might not play the album in order but it should play all the songs by that artist.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Silverado8405 said:
What if the op selected the artist tab, select an artist, then play all songs by that artist and set that to repeat? It might not play the album in order but it should play all the songs by that artist.

Doesn't work that way... once you select an artist you have to select an album. Then, you can play that album in a loop. But, not all albums from a particular artist.

Doesn't work that way... once you select an artist you have to select an album. Then, you can play that album in a loop. But, not all albums from a particular artist.

e3yme9uv.jpg

From the artist tab in my music app.

4e3enetu.jpg

After clicking all songs. Only songs by AC/DC are listed (14 of them spread thru different albums).

emu6e4eb.jpg

After selecting one of them to play it shows 14 songs available and I'm able to turn on repeat.

Unless I'm missing something wouldn't this effectively accomplish the same thing the op is after? I don't think it'll categorize the songs by album so for something that tells a sequential story this probably wouldn't work, but for general rocking out it should be fine.

Silverado8405 said:
From the artist tab in my music app.

After clicking all songs. Only songs by AC/DC are listed (14 of them spread thru different albums).

After selecting one of them to play it shows 14 songs available and I'm able to turn on repeat.

Unless I'm missing something wouldn't this effectively accomplish the same thing the op is after? I don't think it'll categorize the songs by album so for something that tells a sequential story this probably wouldn't work, but for general rocking out it should be fine.

Ok yes, this is as close as the OP is going to get to what they want. Still not going to be an album to album breakdown, unfortunately. Thanks for pointing this out, Silverado!! Hopefully this will be a suitable workaround.

I appreciate the responses. I work long days and am able to listen to music... I guess there is one aspect of my EVO I miss. Not a deal breaker, but surprising that apple does not have a continuous play option.
Still not interested in making a play list...
IMG_0179.png

4,017 and I'm just warming up.

Attachments

• $IMG_0179.jpg
    $IMG_0179.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 687
I cannot seem to figure out how to set my music app to a continuous album mode. e.g. when last song on current album ends continue at first song of next album.
Any help would be appreciated.
BTW - Not interested in making a playlist or just turning shuffle on

I think this is what you are after?
Click ARTISTS tab at bottom > touch an artist from your list > (if you have more than one album by that artist, all albums will show up under the ALL SONGS header - if it doesnt, pull the page downward and the ALL SONGS header should show up at top) > touch all songs (at first it will show ONLY a list of all songs by that artist) > PULL the page downward and the SHUFFLE option will then show up on the top of all songs by that artist > click SHUFFLE.