What's new

MP3 Ringtone

drnvnt

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a new user to Iphone 4S and new to this site. I want to set Mp3 (Bollywood) for ringtone but couldn't found any option. Can anyone please help me.
Thanks in advance

Hmmmmm I think I am more illiterate than I assumed. Please guide me if there is any programme has to be installed on Laptop first, like it was OVI/Nokia PC Suite for Nokia or KEYS for samsung....

You can use iTunes directly as stated by the sticky. You'll need to tinker with the options which are laid out step by step so that the result is a crop of the original MP3 file that's formatted for use as a ringtone. You can also use Garageband for the Mac. For Windows, you'll have to manually crop it, then convert it to AAC then rename it to m4r for syncing

I did this before but since ios7 my mp3 ringtone hasn't been able to upload through itunes, very inconvenient as I created it shortly before the update
If i'm doing something wrong please correct me

Hey drnvnt, I used to use an app to select portions of mp3 songs, save them to my computer, inport into itunes, then sync to have them on your phone. Ugh...why Apple makes it so hard to do this I just don't know. BUT...I used to have an Android and the app Zedge. It has photos and tons of ring-tones, text-tones, notification-tones, etc... Zedge is now available for Apple and rocks. Zedge even created another app that you will have to download in conjuction with the app itself that automatically saves every tone you download directly to itunes, so you don't have to go through that lengthy process.

Let's face it, I would make my own ring-tones so seldom, that I had to relearn how to save ring-tones on Apple every time I did it. Zedge makes it simple. Once you have the app on your phone and the app on your computer, all you do is download a tone on your phone and then sync your phone with your computer and it automatically does it. Check it out.

I wish that Apple would make it so you can download a tone and then instantly use it, like Android, but this is as close to that as we may ever get.

Hope this helps...

Thanks MDMoney, I really appreciate this. But surprisingly this application is not available for me :( . There comes message that "This app is not available for Indian store....."
Any clue what can be done....