What's new

Moving gmail contacts to iphone

Reaction score
iPhone 14.
First, I have no idea what I'm saying so be patient. I have the iPhone 14 and, as of yesterday, had nine-hundred-sixty-some contacts listed in my phone's contacts app. This AM I have 77. I had my husband see if he could find the missing contacts. He did. This is where it gets interesting. I'm logged in to my iPhone using my gmail password. The missing contacts were found by my husband going to HIS gmail acct using a W10 browser. On my phone, I went to Settings>Contacts>Add Account and added his gmail account to my Contacts list. Now I have all my contacts back.

I don't want my contacts listed under his gmail account. How do I get them back to my phone without using his account?

You need to go to Mail in settings. Select your GMail Account and then toggle on Contacts. If you are seeing your husband’s contacts you may need to restore the phone first and start afresh. Are you using your GMail A/c instead of an Apple ID? This may cause problems. You can use a GMail A/C as an an ID but you need a separate password.