What's new

mobile photography v.s. mobile video shooting

Pan

Reaction score
I use iPhone to take pics almost everyday. But now I shoot videos via iPhone almost as often as I take pics.

Since there're more and more gears that make mobile video shooting more convenient, and more apps for post-production, it seems that the popularity of videos are overwhelming that of images.

Under what circumstances are you more inclined to shoot vides rather than taking photos? And when will you choose taking photos rather than shooting videos?

What's the biggest differences between your experiences of the two??

This is an interesting point actually. I almost always take photos rather than videos, especially lately the main thing I use my iPhone camera for is to take product photos (I'm in the process of setting up an online shop), but talking about the "rise" of video has got me thinking... I've been using this article as a guide for taking product photos and one of the main things it emphasises is how important it is to represent the product from all angles. So now I'm wondering if it could also be a good idea to use video to showcase items, as this would certainly provide a smooth 360 view for the customer. In terms of personal use, I only really use video if I'm at a gig or something, otherwise I tend to just take photos. I think part of it is that I'm more inclined to actually do something with the photos I take (print them out, collages) whereas videos tend to just sit on my phone never to be watched again! o_O