What's new

Missing mp3's/photos/videos -- iPhone 4s

rhmkun

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4s, ver. 5.1.1 64GB.

A few months ago, I put all my mp3's into it which is 32GB total and I had 100+ images/videos in it too. However, after taking an 8 minute video with my friends, all of the mp3's, images and videos are gone. However, all my apps are still there.
I checked the available space and it is still the same, 40-50GB is still used. I hook it up to my PC and look for the files but none are to be seen.

All my mp3's, images and videos vanished. I tried adding music again and I was able to, it's just that now I can't readd all of the music back since the space is still being used.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

I'd check the stored directories and see if they're there if you have iFile. Or, you can use iExplorer to see if they're still there. It might be that the permissions have changed as a result of a tweak. In iExplorer, connect your device and click on the Music tab, and it'll direct you to the music directory.

As it's a jailbroken situation and device, I've moved the discussion to the iPhone Jailbreak subforum

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Thanks for move and input. Will try that with iFile or iExplorer. I use iFunBox and CopyTrans.

I installed iExplorer and checked the my Photos and Music folder but the only files in there are the new ones I saved, none of the old ones are there. Do I have to reset my phone to fully delete the space being eaten? But I don't want my messages/contacts/game saves to be deleted.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Backup the device and see if the data is still carried over. You can tell whether or not it's carried over depending on how long it takes for iTunes to backup the device. If it's backing up everything including the 32GB of audio, it will probably take over an hour or something along the lines.