What's new

Missing Headphone Jack: Do You Care?

Do you care that Apple did away with the headphone jack on the iPhone 7?

• YES! How do I use my earbuds? Stupid Apple!

• NO! I haven't used that thing in years!

• Apple did what?!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I forgot that they removed it. This thread just reminded me that they did that.

(I have never used ear pods on my phone. Ever)

I've given the ones from my 6 Plus to my daughter. Those that came with the 6s Plus, were still in the box when I sold it, untouched. And I haven't taken a look at the ones that came with the 7 Plus until last week, when I was discussing the missing headphone jack with my son.

He told me that you need the headphone jack when you use a microphone with the iPhone, if memory serves right.

I hate the ear buds they come with anyway. They refuse to stay in my ears, and I'm constantly pushing them back in. You would think Apple would have changed them by now.

It will make a difference to some people until their are lightening adapter version of things like the credit card readers like Snap for mobile merchants or some of the new medical devices being created for use in the field/3rd world countries.

Turns out the lightning ear pods work just fine, didn't take the headphones with, take up too much room.

I miss it!!! Ya'll are forgetting it's also for auxillary! In our procedure rooms at work, our stereo box doesn't get decent FM reception. So, many times we play Pandora using the AUX port. Well, now I can't charge my phone and use the jack. I have to hope the battery doesn't run down and wait and charge later.

I miss it!!! Ya'll are forgetting it's also for auxillary! In our procedure rooms at work, our stereo box doesn't get decent FM reception. So, many times we play Pandora using the AUX port. Well, now I can't charge my phone and use the jack. I have to hope the battery doesn't run down and wait and charge later.
You can get a splitter that will allow you to use the jack and charge the iPhone at the same time. Belkin is one company that makes such splitters.