What's new

Missing Headphone Jack: Do You Care?

Do you care that Apple did away with the headphone jack on the iPhone 7?

• YES! How do I use my earbuds? Stupid Apple!

• NO! I haven't used that thing in years!

• Apple did what?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scottysize

Reaction score
I personally don't care as I only use bluetooth anyway. They are providing a lightning port to 2.5mm jack with the phone. Works for me.

Personally it won't bother me, My included earbuds stay sealed, I never use them.
I can see it being a thing that will split opinions though for some time to come.

Not me we have 3/4 sets of unused ones in a draw, always use Bluetooth. And anyway as you say an adapter comes with the iPhone.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I'm pleased to see it go. It's old tech that has been holding phones back in several areas. I'm electronic terms, it occupies a huge amount of space and does very little, prevents water resistance, allows entry of dust etc, is unreliable due to moving parts and holds back development of superior technology.

My daughter likes these earbuds, so I give them to her. I prefer bluetooth.

Having the headphone jack gone does not bother me at all. I can use the adapter is needed and also the 2 way adapter that allows charging while listening at same time. I have no plans to get the 7 yet (due to funds), but thats my own opinion of it anyway. [emoji1303]

Jenni
IPhone 6 Plus/iPad Air

I use resound hearing aids so all calls plus music and movies etc are streamed direct to the AIDS. Quality is excellent I havnt used wire head phones for 2 years So no issue. I welcome changes as it provides digital audio instead of analog plus new hi tech wireless airpods

Administrator, iPad forums

Won't bother me . I've been using a Bluetooth headset for a few years. Only time I use the Apple headphones is when I forget my headset or the battery is dead, in which case I'll just the lightning port headphones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all of you voted...

So why is everyone saying that we are mad about the jack going away? LOL

The media as usual picks up on a small number of people whom complain about loss of the earphone jack. This then gets duplicated multiple times both press tv and radio plus across the net. Editors make money by what people read regardless if it is true or not. I just ignor it. In this world we have many choices and regardless what phone is released some one will complain.

Agreed, Col. Part of the reason anything halfway decent from Samsung was touted as an iPad/iPhone killer. The media don't care whose blood it is. They just want blood.

The media as usual picks up on a small number of people whom complain about loss of the earphone jack. This then gets duplicated multiple times both press tv and radio plus across the net. Editors make money by what people read regardless if it is true or not. I just ignor it. In this world we have many choices and regardless what phone is released some one will complain.

BGR is blowing it way out of per portion