What's new

Missing folder in iOS 6.1 Help.

Cj0

Reaction score
Heya everyone,

This is sorta the last resort for me, so I'm hoping someone can save me here. I'm normally relatively savvy with this kinda thing but i'm frankly pretty stumped on this one.

I have an iPhone 4 with 6.1 jailbroken with evasion 1.3 and everything has been great until the other day. I have all my apps organized into folders, one of which was "Weather" with 4 weather apps in it. I let my daughter play a game on my phone (probably a mistake), and when she gave it back to me the "Weather" folder was missing. The apps are still installed and can be opened from the search screen and the app store but the icons and folder has vanished. Also, they show up when I boot to safe mode. I have checked all the "hide icon" settings I can find, including sbsettings with no luck.

It also might be worth mentioning the when she gave it back the icons were shaking like she had moved or deleted something, but nothing was moved or deleted just one missing folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this hapend to me last night , what i did just reboot the phone and fix the problem , i was missing 10-15 app's in 3 different folders

Try taking them out of the folder in safe mode, go back to the normal state, and put them back in the folder. Respring and see if it happens again

Thanks for the responses guys. Rebooting was the first thing I tried, it didn't fix it. As far as taking them out of the folders in safe mode, you can't because safe mode doesn't use folders, it just displays all your apps on the home screens "unfoldered". :(

Thanks for the responses guys. Rebooting was the first thing I tried, it didn't fix it. As far as taking them out of the folders in safe mode, you can't because safe mode doesn't use folders, it just displays all your apps on the home screens "unfoldered". :(

*facepalm* sorry just brainfarted there for a second. Meant to delete them and reinstall them after restarting.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Unfortunately one of them is the undeletable stock "Weather" app. I did notice something interesting when I started iTunes though. On the phone interface screen where it shows your springboard layout, it normally doesn't show folders either. So all my apps are laid out just as they would be in safe mode... except my "Weather" folder...lol. So I manually took them out of the folder via iTunes and clicked apply. It's synching right now so we'll see what happens when its done. I'll let you know if it works for other's benefit should they have the same issue in the future.

Okay, so no good. After it finished sync, they just show right back up in the folder in iTunes, and still nowhere to be found on my phone's springboard. Frustration rising. ><

Well Weather.app has already proved its annoyance with the Dev-Team as I don't think that it's been fixed yet in particular with the Evasi0n updates. But nonetheless, make sure that you're on the latest Evasi0n Untether for iOS 6 in Cydia.

Yeah, I'm on the current version. I uninstalled the 3 apps that I could through iTunes, and it shows just Weather.app in the folder...wtf. I'm pretty sure the folder goes away if there's just one app in it. Or at least its supposed too. And still no change on the phone.
Then I reinstalled one of them to see if I could get it to show up in SB, but it just installs right back into the invisi-folder again. >< And the loading bar that pops up when you install or update an app shows on a different folder, but the app isn't in there when it finishes. If that makes any sense. I really don't want to re-JB and install all the cydia crap and 80+ app store apps again. But this is driving me nuts.

You could always do settings>general>reset>reset homescreen layout, but you'll have to refolder your apps

HA!

You sir, are a genius! I wish to digitally shake your hand. It worked. To be honest I didn't even know that option was in there under "Reset", is that new to 6.0?

Anyway, considering the alternative (redoing everything), I'm happily refoldering all my apps.

Thanks again.

No problem, and it's been there for a while. My friend's son likes to play Thomas the Train on her iPhone and he frequently manages to make her phone app disappear which is how I discovered this fix :)