What's new

Sub Folders on IOS4

RabbitHutch

Reaction score
I've forgotten how to do this. I know that I can create a folder and drag and drop other folder icons or drag icons to other folders.

I've forgotten how to create a new folder. Can someone help or point me to the wiki?

Also, can I create subfolders in the photos? I seem to have one album and all the photos and videos are in that album. I'd like to created some subfolders to bring some order out of the chaos. IOS4 let me do that with apps, why can't I do it with photos? It's quite possible that I just don't know how. I'm pretty close to beginning my 8th decade on Earth.

TIA

To create subfolders you must create them on your pc then sync to the phone. Even then you can't drag & drop them on the fly. Annoying but it's built to work with iPhoto....... So it's a bit clunky on Windows.

Too make a new folder on iOS4.1, drag one app on-top of another app. A window will open with a suggested name for the folder and you can rename it if you want. For photos, try "Photo-Sort" in the Apple app store it's $1.99, it is the best I have found for sorting photos. I have used it sort over 800 photos into 12 folders.

Good Luck

Too make a new folder on iOS4.1, drag one app on-top of another app. A window will open with a suggested name for the folder and you can rename it if you want. For photos, try "Photo-Sort" in the Apple app store it's $1.99, it is the best I have found for sorting photos. I have used it sort over 800 photos into 12 folders.

Good Luck

Thank you, Pocobear! (shouldn't that be PocoOso?)

That was exactly the information I was seeking. Have already downloaded app and used it.

Thank you again!

RabbitHutch,

I live on Pocomo Farm. So, I just made up something, Pocobear. I might have come up with PocoOso if I had known the Spanish word for bear. That does mean BEAR right?? LOL

"Pocomo" is Algonquian Indian for "Clear water Fishing hole"

RabbitHutch,

I live on Pocomo Farm. So, I just made up something, Pocobear. I might have come up with PocoOso if I had known the Spanish word for bear. That does mean BEAR right?? LOL

"Pocomo" is Algonquian Indian for "Clear water Fishing hole"

I like the name for its sound, "Pocomo". I like it even better for its meaning.

Sounds as if you are in the Virginia horse country. I'm a native Tar Heel - even went to school in Chapel Hill - with an ancestor coming from Augusta County, Virginia, to NC in the 1730's.

Yes 'oso' is spanish for bear. I thought you were going for "Little Bear". Wonder what that is in Algonquian?

I'd have to be called Fat Bear, Oso Gordo in Spanish.

Hasta la vista . . .

RabbitHutch (Oso Gordo)

It was horse country up thu the 70's, now I'm getting surrounded by, choked would be a better word, developments.

Thanks for the shout out!