What's new

Missed Calls result in text messages

highred

Reaction score
How do I shut off receiving a text message every time I have a missed call. It's seems ridiculous to me that I would receive a message on my Phones "Recents" as well as a text message sent to the same device.

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell

You get an actual text or is it an alert on your lock screen? I've never heard of getting a text for a missed call. could that be your carrier?

I have Verizon. I don't know. Is that what they do? How do I shut it off?

You get an actual text or is it an alert on your lock screen? I've never heard of getting a text for a missed call. could that be your carrier?

Is it a text or an alert? If it is truly a text and shows up in your text message area...I have no idea about that. If it's just an alert, you would go into the notification center and choose "no banner".

Settings>Notifications>Phone>Alert style "none"

I get them as well on one of my phones. I'm pretty sure it's from the carrier as there is no way to turn them off. Best talk to the carrier and tell them you don't want this "service".

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Is it a text or an alert? If it is truly a text and shows up in your text message area...I have no idea about that. If it's just an alert, you would go into the notification center and choose "no banner".

Settings>Notifications>Phone>Alert style "none"

That's how mine is set. I'll be going to Verizon today and ask them about it.

Thanks everybody!

Do you happen to have a Google Voice number?
Missed called to a good voice number can be set to notify via text and if google voice is set to send calls to the phone, it could result in missed calls and text.....

Nope. It's just a number assigned to me by Verizon.

Like Kevin mentioned above... that's a feature that Verizon offers to it's customers. Mostly it's for business people who have multiple wireless phone lines for business purposes. Normally they'll have it set up to where their primary phone will receive a text message when one of their secondary lines has a missed call. A call (or stop in a brick & mortar) to Verizon will get it straighted up.

I also have this problem. I have Consumer Cellular. They never heard of this before. I am not doing that. They told me to reset all of my settings. Does anyone else have Consumer Cellular?