What's new

Microsoft Employees "Bury" iPhone and Blackberry in Mock Funeral Parade

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTemf043tw[/ame]​

I actually thought that this story on NeoWin was an April Fool's prank until I reminded myself it's September! According to the story, and the many photos from the event, Microsoft held a mock funeral for the iPhone and the Blackberry on Friday at the company's Redmond campus, to "celebrate" the Windows Phone 7 going RTM (Released To Manufacturing). The parade featured a priest, and tricked-out hearses, as well as Microsoft employees carrying large cardboard iPhones and Blackberrys. Apparently Microsoft thinks the Windows Phone 7 will "bury" the opposition, hence the rather tasteless funeral scenario. Microsoft workers also did a version of the Thriller dance, which you can see in the video below, and which actually looks like a lot of fun and very well executed, if you'll pardon the pun.

According to NeoWin, Microsoft completed production of the Windows Phone 7 on September 1, and is due to announce the phone's release date at an open-house even in New York on October 11th. I expect Apple and RIM are quaking in their boots.

Source: NeoWin

This is very funny seeing as a while back Microsoft was featured in an article due to the fact so many off their employees used the iPhone.

lol i wouldent mind trying out a 7 phone, what ones are out there?

lol darth vadar walking past