What's new

Messed Up on my Jailbreak

mikeninety

Reaction score
hey, so i jailbroke my iPhone yesterday using redsn0w on my 32GB iPhone 4. everything was going good until i tried to open cydia and it kept closing instantly. i've looked at other people's advice on this, but everything is talking about SSHing into my phone and my phones not even being recognized by redsn0w now, or iPhone explorer, which i was gonna use to go in and follow the directions under "bad repo fix" here. the first time cydia kept closing, i just redid the "just boot" thing on redsn0w and it started working, but this morning i couldn't download anything because of some libactivation error message, which i thought i was fixing by resetting the network settings, which only put cydia back into crash-instantly mode and somehow unsynced my messages from my iphone and my mac. sorry for the huge list of problems, but i'm just not sure what to do since my iphone isn't even being recognized by the iphone explorer or redsn0w. what do i do?

I've taken the liberty of moving your topic out towards the Jailbreak main subform rather than the Unlocking sub-subforum as it's jailbreak related not not unlocking related.

Which iOS are we working with here, which method of jailbreaking did you use, have you successfully opened Cydia at least once and do you have OpenSSH installed on your device?

thanks for the move, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. and i had 6.1.3, i thought i was doing something to bring it down to 6.0 since i had to do something with an IPSW for 6.0(?), and i think the method is a tethered jailbreak. i got into cydia a few times, downloaded tetherme and f.lux, then when i tried to download something again today it wasn't working because of some error code called libactivation. when i reset all the network settings on my iphone is when cydia started crashing again and it unsynced my messages from my iphone to my mac.

so apparently the USB wire i was using was the reason why my iphone wasn't showing up in iphone explorer or redsn0w, so i was able to do the just boot thing again. but anytime i reboot my device from cydia after removing or installing something, cydia won't work.

Every time your device reboots or powers off, you have to Just Boot again. Respringing does not require you to Just Boot.

can i do something to make it an untethered jailbreak? i don't wanna have to boot up my jailbreak everytime my phone dies.