What's new

I messed up, can anyone help?

psillypsymun

Reaction score
I screwed up. My wife got an IPhone 4 from a friend. In my haste to jailbreak it I ran the Jailbreak before backing up. I always back things up first, not sure what happened for sure but the only restore point I have is after i ran the Jailbreak. So, in the end, it got jailbroke, but Cydia didn't get installed correctly. I try to launch it but it crashes the second I open it. And I can't do a factory reset because Itunes recognizes the Jailbreak.

So at this point, I can't rejailbreak. I've tried running RedSn0w again a few times and got nothing. I've only jailbroke Idevices a few times, so I don't have alot of experience. If this were android I could brain my way through it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice. Maybe something I can in TinyUmbrella to get Itunes to let me do a factory reset?

What iOS version is your iPhone 4 on right now? To restore a Jailbroken iPhone you need to put it in DFU mode... then restore it via iTunes.

Tried it. I'm on 5.1.1. It says something like "this device is not eligable for an update." after I put it in DFU mode, connect and try to reset in Itunes.

Is it a GSM or CDMA iPhone 4? I'll link you the direct iOS 6.1 IPSW file and show you how to manually update to it via iTunes.