What's new

Mercedes Announces Integration of iPhone 4S and Siri in A-Class Vehicles

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
5279-mercedes.JPG

iMore reports today that Mercedes has announced that its new A-Class vehicles will be kitted out with a new “infotainment” system based around the iPhone 4S and Siri. According to iMore, the new integrated system, which will make its debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, is based on a new “Digital DriveStyle App”, which was developed in-house by Mercedes. With this app, as well as the “Drive Kit Plus for the Apple iPhone”, the driver will be able to access their iPhone’s key content via the in-vehicle display, operating it safely via a controller built into the central armrest. Siri has also been fully integrated, with a system that allows for natural speech input that does not require specific commands (not sure how that will work!), and that enables the driver to send messages, choose music tracks to play, and even check the weather forecast or finance news, plus make appointments. iMore notes that this represents the first time that Siri has been integrated into a car’s entertainment system. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Mercedes Benz to embrace the iPhone 4S and Siri in its new A-Class vehicles | iMore[/FONT]

I'm going to buy a Merc just for this.

iHolophyte

A-Class is a womans mercedes though ;) but I am sure it will be added to the rest of them eventually, I already have a merc and BMW but the BMW is basically built for ios devices

A-Class is a womans mercedes though ;) but I am sure it will be added to the rest of them eventually, I already have a merc and BMW but the BMW is basically built for ios devices

I've already bought my blonde wig and mini skirt as part of the package 😉.

iHolophyte