What's new

Mercedes-Benz Showcases iPhone Integration

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T67JQkf0OA&feature=player_detailpage]Mercedes-Benz.tv: Connectivity in the Concept A-CLASS - YouTube[/ame]​

Mercedes-Benz has made quite a stir at the IAA Motor Show in Frankfurt this year, with a fascinating display of integration with your smartphone, 9to5 Mac reports. Mercedes-Benz introduced its Media Interface Plus at least year’s show, and now this year it's upgraded the whole thing with its “iPhone Interface Plus”, which will be available to be retrofitted in every Mercedes-Benz from Summer 2012. As you can see from the video, your iPhone is slotted into the glove compartment, and then fully integrated with the car’s electronics system, via a free app. Hardware controls are used to operate the large display on the car’s dashboard, with minimal distraction when driving. Mercedes-Benz explains how music on your iPhone will be played via the car’s speaker system, and how you will be able to control the phone with the car’s rotary pushbutton. One-click interaction enables the user to connect to social networks such as Twitter and Facebook, email and GPS, with your emails being read out to you. The system even includes a Car Finder feature, that will help you find your parked car should you misplace it in a vast parking lot!

Source: Mercedes-Benz shows off “iPhone Interface Plus” concept, coming 2012 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Well I can't afford a Mercedes lol! This is good news though! Maybe the rest will follow suit.

Although I don't see why in the world you'd need Facebook and Twitter integration. Sounds like another driving distraction (unless your parked somewhere bored I suppose). :)!!

darkstar2007 said:
Well I can't afford a Mercedes lol! This is good news though! Maybe the rest will follow suit.

Although I don't see why in the world you'd need Facebook and Twitter integration. Sounds like another driving distraction (unless your parked somewhere bored I suppose). :)!!

Integrate into a Land Rover and I'm sold.

darkstar2007 said:
It'd take an F150 or a Mustang for me! :D

I'm a Ford man! Can't help it. :)

f150 's are nice. But Land Rovers take it home. benz's are for show boats.

I got a mercedes SLK atm and they dont get that many miles to the gallon, (around 30). In the UK you can get a good one for around 15 thousand (second hand) but a brand new one you need at least 40-50k or unless you go for a Mclaren which is a totally different company but same look and then you go for around 100k so it all depends what mercedes you get but I am looking to swap my SLK and buy a brand new BMW Z4 :D I love my sports cars and with all the extras its 47k and the dealership gave me a quote of 35k because of all the extras I wanted..

the FORD is a nice car especially the GT, I saw one of them and even sat inside one and I would of bought one If I could afford it LOL

Unleashed said:
I got a mercedes SLK atm and they dont get that many miles to the gallon, (around 30). In the UK you can get a good one for around 15 thousand (second hand) but a brand new one you need at least 40-50k or unless you go for a Mclaren which is a totally different company but same look and then you go for around 100k so it all depends what mercedes you get but I am looking to swap my SLK and buy a brand new BMW Z4 :D I love my sports cars and with all the extras its 47k and the dealership gave me a quote of 35k because of all the extras I wanted..

the FORD is a nice car especially the GT, I saw one of them and even sat inside one and I would of bought one If I could afford it LOL

Oh I'd love to have the GT too!! I doubt I could ever afford it though. I've seen two in the wild and that's it!! I've never sat in one. I bet it was nice :)! I've noticed a lot of people have never heard of the Ford GT. They think I'm referring to the Mustang GT. I attached a few pics for those who may have never seen the car!

It looks so much better in silver then red...

am not much of a fan of the muscle cars but that one is actually good looking

I wouldn't want facebook and twitter in my car. Lol.

Im with you darkstar on the fords (think it came from working with them). I prefer the original GT40 and the rs200. Drool...

gaz6076 said:
I wouldn't want facebook and twitter in my car. Lol.

Im with you darkstar on the fords (think it came from working with them). I prefer the original GT40 and the rs200. Drool...

I've always worked with them as well! There durable long lasting vehicles IMO. Keeping maintenance up on them goes a long way (that goes for any vehicle)!
:D

darkstar2007 said:
I've always worked with them as well! There durable long lasting vehicles IMO. Keeping maintenance up on them goes a long way (that goes for any vehicle)!
:D

Lol. The land rover/range rover rule the road. All ford motors should pull to the side

darkstar2007 said:
Ah now your just trying to get me started!! :p!! Lol!

 i know there is a lot you can say about the general upkeep of the vehicle but if its not built to be rugged why drive it.

iCrank said:
 i know there is a lot you can say about the general upkeep of the vehicle but if its not built to be rugged why drive it.

Google Ford SVT Raptor and we'll talk rugged! Lol. :D!!!