What's new

Max signal strength?

mmetz1965

Reaction score
Ordered my max and it should be here tomorrow. Long time android user but picked up the 7 plus shortly after launch and have decided to stay with ios. My only complaint with the 7 plus was the signal strength seemed to be lacking just a bit compared to other phones I've had. How does it seem on the max?

If you are referring to cellular signal strength, I think that is more a function of your carriers coverage area and your particular location. I have Verizon cell service which nationally is good but in my location cell service is weak and sometimes I have to go outside to use my cell phone. This has been true with all of my phones, iPhone or android. My ten max is about the same as my ten was, maybe a little better.

My 7 Plus and iPhone XS Max are identical. No noticeable difference in signal.

As mentioned above, that's a function of your carrier's coverage.

My iPhones have varied with signal strength. My iPhone 5 was best. Many things can interfere with Cellular and WiFi signals. Mountains, tall buildings, trees, and even metal.

If you have AT&T you may see a slight difference (lower strength) due to the INTEL modem. With Verizon I don't know.

Phones themselves definitely play some part in signal. I have iPhone 7+, my co-worker has a Samsung something other or another, and he has much better signal strength than I do here at work, LTE and wifi. Both Verizon. I don't really have any problems with LTE, but on wifi here at work, his signal is leaps and bounds better than mine on same network. I usually give up and turn off wifi when at work. He can walk around whole shop with a strong signal, and my signal is borderline unusable.