What's new

Massive iOS 11 GM Leak Reveals OLED iPhone Face ID Secrets and Much More

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 11 GM leak reveals Face ID details and much more.JPG

As the dust settles over the massive iOS 11 GM firmware leak this weekend, and the experts continue to mine the data for golden nuggets of information.

News of the leak first appeared on Friday, via 9to5 Mac. Among the major secrets revealed ahead of Tuesday’s special event, according to AppleInsider, is the news that the OLED iPhone’s facial recognition system will be called Face ID. The leak even revealed a video showing a smiling face which is thought to be part of the Face ID setup.

Also disclosed in the leak was another new feature called Portrait Lighting, which apparently creates the illusion of depth with various lighting effects, and thought to be an updated version of Portrait Mode in the camera app.

Other information leaked included video recording capabilities, as well as details about the OLED iPhone’s True Tone display’s 1,125 x 2,436 pixels.

The huge leak had even more data to explore, including an animation revealing a new set of AirPods with some slight differences from current models, such as a relocated charging status LED light. Also, there were images of animated emoji called “Jellyfish” and “Animoji” in the code. It seems like the characters can be animated according to the user’s facial expressions, and can be sent via recorded voice messages.

Sources: Leaked iOS 11 GM confirms 'iPhone 8' 'Face ID' facial detection, revamped AirPods, more

iOS 11 GM leak confirms D22 ‘iPhone 8’ features: Portrait Lighting, True Tone Display, revised AirPods, much more

I wont and never will! I will still use old fashion password to type, thats it. I dont trust cards, face id, finger id and etc at all. Nah.

I wont and never will! I will still use old fashion password to type, thats it. I dont trust cards, face id, finger id and etc at all. Nah.

So you don't use the Touch ID ?
How many numbers do you have in your pass thing,

Is it possible to use letters also?

Yes, it is possible to use letters for the passcode. That option is called “alphanumeric passcode”.

Ok l get it, you are a super secret person and do not wish to pass on any information, useful or otherwise.

Simple question. Do you know if it's possible to use letters in the iOS system for unlocking it.
Now that not hard is it?????

Why what happened to you that was so special, l have one even now, not in use but it could be.

Girlfriends call me Kenny Wenny Woosey
Can l use that

:)