What's new

Many Pro RAW photos from iPhone 13 Pro Max are garbled in Apple Photos on Cloud

ronfab1

Reaction score
Howdy, new member here as I am really enjoying the pretty amazing capabilities of the camera section of this phone with the new chip inside. Had 11 Pro Max prior and shoot Sony full frame mirrorless with my other cameras.

So I became aware of the Pro RAW option. Love this! Prior to that I had been using really cool Topaz JPEG to RAW conversion software (pseudo RAW but Large files and much better dynamic range) to edit and save my most favorites.

But while the large file size Pro RAW photos are still all there when accessing them from Photos on my phone (seem to be coming from the cloud as they take a tiny bit of time to snap into focus and I assume that is the cloud download) ...... when I go to the same ICON Photos library on my Mac Pro some are there OK and I can edit in Adobe PS. But MOST are showing 8 vertical rows of horizontal garbling. Am using an older Mac Pro updated as far as I can with Mojave, and plenty of RAM, a SSD for my boot and the best Radeon Apple graphics card it is compatible with. 8GB on that. Actually after attaching the screen grab I see that the 8 vertical bands are on the horizontal pics and the vertical pics have 8 horizontal bands.

If I click on them to also edit in PS the garbled images come up there too. Help please. What is going on here and how can I fix it?

Attachments

• Garbled Pro RAW iPhotos in Photos.jpg
    Garbled Pro RAW iPhotos in Photos.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 100