What's new

Manually select music and videos

BigM1ke

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently changed my computer without being able to back up my Itunes/Iphone4. I'd like to know if, when selection the "manually select the music and videos" options for my Iphone4, I will lose all the apps/settings/pictures when I apply this? (the popup says that my Iphone will be erased after this change).

I don't mind losing my music and videos already on my Iphone, but I really don't want to lose every apps I have as well as my pictures if possible.

If this is impossible to do, can I at least delete some music already on my Iphone without synchronising anything?

Thanks alot!

When I did this it also said it will erase all and I thought oh we'll. I then clicked back up and iTunes started to sync. When it finished it had put all my apps/photos and music back on. I think iTunes goes through what you have purchased. Even free ones class as a purchased app so iTunes knows what you have downloaded previously. So I'd go with clicking yes.

Oh forgot to mention if you go to tools at the top and select authorise this pc with your iPhone it then asks for your username and password you use on your iPhone. This has a lot to do with what it recognises as yours. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Oh forgot to mention if you go to tools at the top and select authorise this pc with your iPhone it then asks for your username and password you use on your iPhone. This has a lot to do with what it recognises as yours. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Thanks for your help, I'll try that!

You were right, it only deleted my music, which I don't care!
Now my worry is with installing the new Ios 5.0. I'm still afraid I may lose every app I have installed since they are not sync with my new Itunes library...