What's new

Two Instances of iTunes

craigfoot

Reaction score
Hi, I really hope someone can help with this. I may just have something not set up correctly.

I want to be able to add music to my iPhone when I'm at work, or at home. I have iTunes installed on both of these machines.

On my home machine I have "Manually manage music and videos" checked. Which is what I was as I don't want to have a local library of music on either computer. I simply want to be able to add music to the iPhone, and delete the data off my computer if I want to.

On the computer at work, "Manually manage music and videos" is NOT checked. When I try and check it and Apply, it says...

"The iPhone 'name' is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library? An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone wtih the contents of this iTunes library."

Surely this can be done? If it means me having to lose whatever is on the iPhone currently I don't mind if it means I can have this how I want it.

I've had a regular iPod for the past 5 years and have used foobar or amarok to manage it, which has worked a treat.

Thanks a lot!

Craig

A workaround is to just use iTunes on one computer, and use foobar on the work computer purely to add/remove music.