What's new

make keyboard disappear

azonie

Reaction score
I was using family members iPad the other day and it had a arrow at bottom right on keyboard that you could press to make the keyboard disappear.

I have been trying to to this with my iPhone, especially when reading texts, the keyboard gets in the way due to smaller screen.

Anyone know is there a way to do this on the iPhone??

Sorry, i have no idea about what u are talking about, but i do know that on the iphone 4, when you are reading and the keyboard is on, just tap once anywhere in the text that u are reading and the keyboard will go away, tap again and it will appear, tap again it goes away, tap again and it will apear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just tried that and its not working
the only way i found was to tap the edit tab in the upper right corner and when your done tap cancel tab in the upper right corner

Last edited:
i just tried that and its not working
the only way i found was to tap the edit tab in the upper right corner and when your done tap cancel tab in the upper right corner

^^^^^ This is the way I do it as well. Not the most convenient but it works.

I don't think there is a way to make the keyboard go away as you are describing without jailbreaking your phone. I too find this annoying at times, but a pretty minor thing.

Sorry, i have no idea about what u are talking about, but i do know that on the iphone 4, when you are reading and the keyboard is on, just tap once anywhere in the text that u are reading and the keyboard will go away, tap again and it will appear, tap again it goes away, tap again and it will apear...

This works, but not in the SMS app. which is completely stupid because whats the point of threaded messages if the keyboard takes up half the screen...

And the edit/cancel doesnt work if the keyboard is up, once you press cancel the keyboard pops back up. Only way I know how is to exit the app and delete it from the multi task tray

This works, but not in the SMS app. which is completely stupid because whats the point of threaded messages if the keyboard takes up half the screen...

And the edit/cancel doesnt work if the keyboard is up, once you press cancel the keyboard pops back up. Only way I know how is to exit the app and delete it from the multi task tray

In the SMS app, tapping the Messages button in the top left, then reselecting the contact from the list will also make the keyboard close. You don't need to exit the app/delete it from the multi task tray - should save you a few steps!

Or you can JB and install biteSMS and then you can just tap anywhere in the convo to close the keyboard.

BiteSMS = worth it.

Or you can JB and install biteSMS and then you can just tap anywhere in the convo to close the keyboard.

BiteSMS = worth it.

Did you purchase this or just use the free version? I was thinking about buying the full version but not sure if its worth it?

BiteSMS = worth it.

Did you purchase this or just use the free version? I was thinking about buying the full version but not sure if its worth it?

Purchased it, i thought the apple text messaging was perfect until i tried biteSMS, it really is nice.

BiteSMS = worth it.

Purchased it, i thought the apple text messaging was perfect until i tried biteSMS, it really is nice.

You thought the Apple methodology was perfect? Wow... you are probably the only one who did. Apple has utterly failed at texting in my opinion. Texting on Android was a thousand times better.

But yes, Jailbreak your phone, and install BiteSMS (There are free full versions if you lack the moral fiber). BiteSMS is what a perfect text app looks like... Apple = fail

BiteSMS = worth it.

+1, never even thought that the native sms was lacking anything untill i actually downloade biteSMS, and wow its is trully the best

+1, never even thought that the native sms was lacking anything untill i actually downloade biteSMS, and wow its is trully the best

biteSMS is worth buying the full version! Apple completely missed the mark when it came to texting!

When your in the list of messages,

Touch the little arrow on the right side next to the time, that will display the conversation without the keyboard.

haaaaaaaaa i got it.

What do I win?? haha