What's new

Mac OS requirements for iPhone5

I apologize for the sarcasm. I misinterpreted the intention of the question, And the back and forth with all the suggestions. I understand that not everyone is interested in upgrading things all the time. However, we have to realize that a company does not have to support something forever. It's the life cycle of technology.

I understand your point, but your delivery could have been approached differently in a more positive manner.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

I can understand the OP's frustration many Applications do not function on newer operating systems and that applies on Mac or Windows. In addition upgrading operating systems can cause the computer to run slower as one then needs more ram etc etc. This is all part of cost of ownership of any device. It is important to understand that at some point you have no choice if you need all the functions on all devices.

Plan
A replace your Mac for a new model an upgrade your Applications so all work with out issue.
B if you really need to sync to your desktop/ laptop then purchase a second hand late model Mac
C Don't bother syncing via the computer just use iCloud for back up on new iPhone

d Find a family member or friend whom has a late model computer set up a second user account install iTunes current version then install your music. Set up same iTunes account and sync.
Note I have done this as a service for customers whom donot have computers. After they have synced their music they then use the iCloud to back up.
Hope this helps