What's new

Lost Iphone 7s

driver170

Reaction score
Hi recently lost my Iphone 7s

My main worry is the person taking data from my Iphone 7s when switched on.

I’ve got “find my iphone” activated and its still showing offline. I’ve set it to erase data once online. But my concern is if these people are in a building with no signal reception switch my phone on and extract data from it. Is this possible?

I’ve gone to an apple shop the day after bought a cheap iphone 5s and got a new sim card for it and transferred my number and account to this new Micro sim.

So after all this, is it possible for the person to extract data from it or even start a new i cloud account and extract my deleted photos.

I’m very privacy concerned and worried.

They'd have to crack the password on the iPhone to get any data from it. Even the FBI can't get data from a locked iPhone. It's almost beyond the realm of possibility that a random person finding your iPhone will be able to crack it open. BTW, very few buildings are shielded well enough to block all cellular connections. It's very likely that your iPhone will be erase very shortly after it's turned on.
Do you have your iPhone set to display your contact info onscreen so a person finding it will be able to get in touch with you.
Have you reported the lost iPhone to the police and to Apple?

What if they do crack my password and they are in a shielded room? Can they still pull my photos from my SSD even at the passcode screen? Yeh i have reported the phone lost.

What if they do crack my password and they are in a shielded room? Can they still pull my photos from my SSD even at the passcode screen? Yeh i have reported the phone lost.
They may be able to access your photos but will not be able to crack your password. It's extremely unlikely that a random person finding your iPhone will have a shielded room waiting for the opportunity to stop Find My iPhone from erasing your iPhone. All your iPhone needs is a few seconds online to receive the command to ease itself.

They may be able to access your photos but will not be able to crack your password. It's extremely unlikely that a random person finding your iPhone will have a shielded room waiting for the opportunity to stop Find My iPhone from erasing your iPhone. All your iPhone needs is a few seconds online to receive the command to ease itself.

Thats very helpful :) Thanks for the help and information.

You're welcome. One thing to mention. When your iPhone is turned on, it will automatically transmit it's position to Find my iPhone before it's erased. Keep checking back with Find my iPhone and you may be able to get your iPhone's last location. Give that info to the police any you may possibly get your iPhone back, if they can get the exact location.

Yes, please don't confront anyone on your own, let the police do it.