What's new

Looking for music player app

quandoandhor

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here. I have a lot of experience with Windows, Android and Linux. I know almost nothing about anything related to Apple products.

I'm trying to use Microsoft OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) to store my music files, and I would like to find an app for Iphone that will allow me to play these files directly from my OneDrive without downloading and/or converting them. Most of my music collection is OGG Vorbis format. I have downloaded several apps, and I can't get any of them to work properly. Microsoft Groove will not recognize or play OGG Vorbis files. VLC was able to recognize them and play them, but it freezes and crashes so often that it is unusable. I had no problem getting this to work with my Android phone, but I am having trouble with my wife's Iphone. Does anybody have any suggestions?

This app plays OGG files:
Capriccio Free - Ultimate Music Player by Junho Choi
Capriccio Free - Ultimate Music Player on the App Store

I actually tried that one, too. I think that one allowed me to download the files locally and I was able to play them. But I want something that allows me to just stream the music from my OneDrive, rather than downloading it and playing it. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for my wife (she's not a techie type at all). Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I did some checking and the stock music app will not recognize and play OGG Vorbis files.

There's a OneDrive app for iOS devices. Did you try playing the files in the app?

I did some checking and the stock music app will not recognize and play OGG Vorbis files.

Thank you for checking on that. I might have tried the stock player. I have tried several different players. I have yet to find one that will play OGG Vorbis files without crashing.

Thanks again.

There's a OneDrive app for iOS devices. Did you try playing the files in the app?

Yes, I did install that. I am able to view all of my files in all of the various folders. I don't have the phone available at the moment, but I think when I tried to play the files through the OneDrive app I received a message stating that OGG files could not be opened. I thought I might need to install codecs, but I couldn't find a way to do that. I looked on the OGG Vorbis site, and they list third party apps for Apple operating systems, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the iOS for iPhone. They were for Mac computer operating systems.

I will try to retrace my steps over the past couple of days so that I can give you definite answers. I'm only speculating based on memories of what I have tried.

Thank you for trying to help me.