What's new

Iphone Music Player Apps that do not depend on Itunes library...?

cyrilwohrer

Reaction score
Hello,

I am on the verge of switching to Samsung because - from what I've gathered - the Android system allows the following thing which the Iphone does not. I am writing this post to ask if anyone can please prove me wrong.

I listen to many lengthy lectures (1 hour long or longer) at the same time. Obviously, I don't listen to them simultaneously, but during, say, one week, I'll be listening to four or five lectures.

The Audio players on the Android platform seem to be all independent of each other in the sense that each player has its own "bookmark" memory. On the android system, I can listen to one lecture on one music player, then listen to another track on another player, and then yet another lecture on a third player, and I can still go back to the first and second tracks without losing the "bookmark." In other words, each player seems to remember where you paused the track.

On the iPhone, it seems that every single audio player that I have downloaded fully depends on the Itunes library, so much that if, for example, I listen to a lecture on the Itunes player and then listen to another lecture on another player and then go back to the Itunes player, the Itunes player will no longer show the first lecture that I was listening but rather the second lecture that I was listening through the second audio player.

I hope I am making myself clear.

So, does anyone know of Apple music player apps that are independent in their "bookmark" and do not switch over to the track that you start listening on another player? So far, I have only found ONE such app, namely the free Amazon Player. I can switch from the Itunes player to the Amazon player while both players keeping memory of where I am in each respective audio track. Besides this Amazon player, is there any other similar app?

Thanks. I really prefer Iphones to Androids. But if there's only one app (Amazon player) that does what I want, I'll (unfortunately) switch over to Android because there I can have tens of players each keeping track of where I left off in each respective lecture that I listen to each one of them.

Thanks,

Cyril Wohrer