What's new

Lockscreen battery edit gone bad....any clues why?

konikub

Reaction score
Okay...I "was" a fairly decent themer in the Android world, however with this I am stumped. I wanted to change out the .png's from the battery (animated) and found online where to find them system/library/core/springboard.app - however after changing them a few times because I thought it was too small my first "go round"....it all of a sudden became tiny and moved to the left uppe side of the lockscreen. The images I took out were 525x258 and I redid them the first go around...found they were too small, then saw on a website they needed to be 264x129 and then they became nice and big in the screen. So after I checked out one image at 264x129, I set off to create all 17 png's how I liked.

When I was done inserting them into folder they needed to be "springboard.app", I resprung the phone and the image below is what I got. I tried putting te 525x258 images back in...but they are also small and in the upper left corner of the lockscreen.

So my delema is to keep doing more research on WHAT or where I went wrong...and how to get it back to normal again. I even thought about unjailbreaking/restoring...just to get the old lockscreen battery back...then doing it the proper way "in a theme" from winterboard.

So I know, I need to make the battery changes in a theme now, but HOW on earth can I get the images to be center again? Should I restore...or is that too long of a process?

Are there any hardcore iphone themers with years of experience that could possibly know the issue here, or point to someone who might?

Attachments

• $IMG_1032.jpg
    $IMG_1032.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 513
WOOT...I "thought" if I replace all the images that were264x129 back with the 525x258 it would get better, and it did!!! WOO-HOO....so now on to create a THEME, and not mess with systems/library/coreservices/springboard.app

Yes, that was going to be my suggestion :) Always use winterboard to theme your device since it will not overwrite the defaults :)

I did lose the original 17 battery pngs...I just replace all 17 with a "full" battery sized 525x258...and that worked, but I'm left with a constant full battery. Can anyone point me to where I can find the 4S sized battery png's....or can anyone copy them to their desktop upload them so I can restore my system/library/coreservices/springboard.app with the originals and then use my theme I created? I would appreciate it bigtime...lol!!!

Here is the theme I created...it's animated with the LCARS screens numbers and some colors changing through out the 17 pngs :) Not sure if it's been done...but I haven't seen it yet, of course I just became an iPhone owner 3 months ago...lol.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2172/batterybg102x.png

Last edited: