What's new

Locater App For When Losing or Stolen iPhone?

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
Any know of the best app to get Free or Paid versions for when your iPhone is lost or gets stolen?

How do these programs exactly work? All Ive seen is that when the phone is lost or stolen you can log in to a site on another device or even computer and use a gps to pinpoint the phones location... Is that essentially all they are or do some work differently.

I wanna be on the safe side and have something like this in the event that my phone gets lost or stolen. Or is it even worth it...?

Any insight, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated :)

Do a search for fine my iPhone. It's the only thing out there that does what your looking for that I know of. It's by apple themselves and is free...

Do a search for fine my iPhone. It's the only thing out there that does what your looking for that I know of. It's by apple themselves and is free...

I went ahead and got it but isn't this a major downfall?:

The fact that the lost or stolen phone has to have a wifi connection to get a location?

Can someone explain how this is supposed to work since there's not wifi everywhere?

It uses the phones gps to locate it. I used to think it used the 3G connection but ive been told thats not the case. You need to set it up on the phone you want to locate then you can use the app from another iDevice to search for it. Or log into the find my iPhone website on your computer...

I installed device locator from app store on my son's iPhone and it works great. You can register that on your computer or any computer with your log in to track the phone. It will even track the phone while moving. Now I know where my son is all the time, although that's not the purpose.

There is one problem if you have a 3G it will not work :( :D but not to worry when I finally upgrade it will work on the new phone