What's new

"list view" of iOS apps.

rsandoval23001

Reaction score
Greeting to all, I am new to this forum seeking guidance and knowledge.

I would like to manage my iOS apps. I would also like to view them in a "list" format other than the colorful icon view.
Is there a true "applications manager" application out there that we can use to keep track of our apps?
I realize I can do that by going to the app store and viewing updated/purchased but that seems like too many turns to make.
I would like something quicker where I can do an app search, for example.
Alphabetized, lists or other custom views of my 300 plus apps.
Please help

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
Greeting to all, I am new to this forum seeking guidance and knowledge. I would like to manage my iOS apps. I would also like to view them in a "list" format other than the colorful icon view. Is there a true "applications manager" application out there that we can use to keep track of our apps? I realize I can do that by going to the app store and viewing updated/purchased but that seems like too many turns to make. I would like something quicker where I can do an app search, for example. Alphabetized, lists or other custom views of my 300 plus apps. Please help
Look in Settings>General>Usage There should be a list of your apps there with the app size. It may not include all the stock apps.

OP
R

rsandoval23001

Reaction score
Thank you so very much for the feed back, but that only lists it according to file size and I don't think it list all of the apps.
Additionally, I was looking for an app.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TBH, I don't think there would be anything like that in an app on an un-jailbroken/stock phone. Apple's security design makes it so that an app is "sandboxed" in, there is no way for other apps to be accessed. In other words - there is no central file system on a stock phone, so there is no way to look.

You can use Spotlight to look for every app on your phone (put a special character in the search field - all apps will be listed, tho not alphabetically).

Marilyn

OP
R

rsandoval23001

Reaction score
Marilyn! that makes so much sense!
I can now give it a break and let it go. I've been trying for weeks.
and, I'm gonna try the spotlight idea
Thanks to all who helped me in this ordeal.
I sincerely mean it.
thank you all.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope it helps.

I use Spotlight a lot on my iPhone (and iPad). I have most of my apps in folders and, rather than search through every one, I just use Spotlight to find and launch the app I want. Works very well ... as long as you remember the app name. :) Still - it saves time looking.

Marilyn

Most reactions