What's new

"list view" of iOS apps.

rsandoval23001

Reaction score
Greeting to all, I am new to this forum seeking guidance and knowledge.

I would like to manage my iOS apps. I would also like to view them in a "list" format other than the colorful icon view.
Is there a true "applications manager" application out there that we can use to keep track of our apps?
I realize I can do that by going to the app store and viewing updated/purchased but that seems like too many turns to make.
I would like something quicker where I can do an app search, for example.
Alphabetized, lists or other custom views of my 300 plus apps.
Please help

Greeting to all, I am new to this forum seeking guidance and knowledge. I would like to manage my iOS apps. I would also like to view them in a "list" format other than the colorful icon view. Is there a true "applications manager" application out there that we can use to keep track of our apps? I realize I can do that by going to the app store and viewing updated/purchased but that seems like too many turns to make. I would like something quicker where I can do an app search, for example. Alphabetized, lists or other custom views of my 300 plus apps. Please help
Look in Settings>General>Usage There should be a list of your apps there with the app size. It may not include all the stock apps.

Thank you so very much for the feed back, but that only lists it according to file size and I don't think it list all of the apps.
Additionally, I was looking for an app.

TBH, I don't think there would be anything like that in an app on an un-jailbroken/stock phone. Apple's security design makes it so that an app is "sandboxed" in, there is no way for other apps to be accessed. In other words - there is no central file system on a stock phone, so there is no way to look.

You can use Spotlight to look for every app on your phone (put a special character in the search field - all apps will be listed, tho not alphabetically).

Marilyn

Marilyn! that makes so much sense!
I can now give it a break and let it go. I've been trying for weeks.
and, I'm gonna try the spotlight idea
Thanks to all who helped me in this ordeal.
I sincerely mean it.
thank you all.

Hope it helps.

I use Spotlight a lot on my iPhone (and iPad). I have most of my apps in folders and, rather than search through every one, I just use Spotlight to find and launch the app I want. Works very well ... as long as you remember the app name. :) Still - it saves time looking.

Marilyn