What's new

Lightning usb cable reference

kevin1410

Reaction score
Hello. Good day. May i know if this is the fake one? I haven't seen the original cable because I got my phone from online shop. Thanks.
r2bx.jpg

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382846054.692868.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382846054.692868.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:
Plug it into your phone and wait to see if amessage appears "this cable or accessory is not certified....."

On my supplied Lightning USB cable, the insulation started peeling-off, exposing the wires. Since I had for only 5 months, I brought back to Apple. They refused to replace and accused me of the damage. A nasty company!

Hello. Good day. May i know if this is the fake one? I haven't seen the original cable because I got my phone from online shop. Thanks.

Hi Kevin, after comparison of your pictures to my lightning cable, it does appear that yours is not a genuine apple product. The plastic casing around the lightning connector is not quite the correct shape.

drofeel is right. I just did a careful comparison to my known genuine Apple cable. The connector has at least a couple of definite differences. On the Apple plug the distance between the distance between the gold plated contacts and the silver outer shield is equal all the way around. On yours there is more of the white insulator space at the top of the picture. Also, the distance between the edge of the sliver shield and the outer edge of the plastic case is noticeable less on the Apple connector. Lastly, the sliver shield has no seam on the Apple connector. I can see seams on both the left and right in your picture.