What's new

Lightning to USB. Did your order from Apple?

hookbill

Reaction score
I did and I got an expected delivery date of mid October. Then on Friday or Saturday last weekend I got a tracking number, estimated delivery 10/26. Today is the 24th. FedEx knocked on my door with the adapters.

So if you ordered them and are expecting a delivery date thats on your tracking number, it may very well arrive before that.

This shipment originated in China, then went to Hong Kong. Got here pretty quick IMHO. And signature is required, or fill out the acceptance form.

Last edited:
Did the adapters work? Does it charge? Does audio work with the adapter?

I ordered adapters USB to lightning. I'm using them to charge my phone in various areas like my car, by my computer, and at my bedside. You are referring to the 30 pin to Lightning adapter. I didn't buy any of those as this is my first iPhone.

I was going to order from apple but happened to be running some errands near the apple store(other side of town from me) and stopped in. They had a ton of lighting to usb in stock. Grabbed one to keep in my car!

Sent from my iPad 32g (3rd Generation) using iPF.net

i was told by the Apple sales person when i ordered my iPhone 5 that i needed one to charge the phone in my car,this turned out not to be true and i canceled it.

i was told by the Apple sales person when i ordered my iPhone 5 that i needed one to charge the phone in my car,this turned out not to be true and i canceled it.

same here, there really is no problem because the usb is there on the lightening, so it does not effect anything as you still use the usb to connect it to your car and even if your car has no usb ports and you use the cars lighter you use the adapter that has a usb port and you still dont need lightening to usb, the only places I can see it being needed is for speakers and maybe if you use other accessories from previous devices like the little dock, I cancelled my order as soon as I realized I had no need for one

same here, there really is no problem because the usb is there on the lightening, so it does not effect anything as you still use the usb to connect it to your car and even if your car has no usb ports and you use the cars lighter you use the adapter that has a usb port and you still dont need lightening to usb, the only places I can see it being needed is for speakers and maybe if you use other accessories from previous devices like the little dock, I cancelled my order as soon as I realized I had no need for one
two different sales people at Apple told me the same thing,you would think they would know it isnt needed in the car wouldnt you.

Have ATT phone, but stepped into Sprint store to see accessories. They had gotten 6 in, 2 left, I bought both. And for buying two accessories you get 20% off, so got 20% off their $19.99 price. Authentic Apple of course.

two different sales people at Apple told me the same thing,you would think they would know it isnt needed in the car wouldnt you.

OK.....I don't see how it could work any other way. I have the car "lighter" adapter with the USB. Now how else is it suppose to receive a charge unless I plug the usb into the adapter and the other side of the USB doesn't have lightning? The only other opening is for a speaker plug.

You'll for sure need a usb to lightning cable WITH A usb car charger to charge in the car.... Just like you need the same cable at the PC... or and your bedside with a usb wall charger...

I got my extra cords from the APPLE store...