What's new

LifeProof case

Status
Not open for further replies.

escalade6103

Reaction score
I'm adding a new thread for the LifeProof case for the purpose of showing mods and pics only. The other thread is quite long and this will help answer quick questions. So unless your posting pics please use other thread and hopefully the moderator won't delete this thread!

Mods:
1. Problem - Bubble between the screen and case.
Fix - Remove the thin clear strip on the inside of the case. Be careful not to scratch case.

2. Problem - Charging cable not fitting into port on case.
Fix - Bevel the edges of the front and back of the cable end.

3. Problem - Worries about scratching the built in screen protector.
Fix - Blackberry Storm screen protectors fit and cover just the display part of the built in screen protector. That's easier since the ear piece and home button are raised and can cause a regular iPhone 4 protector not to lay flat.

4. Problem - Cheap belt clip that fit the case.
Fix -The Droid X with a thin case is the same size as the iPhone 4/4s with the LifeProof case. The holster from the Droid X waffle style holster/case combo will fit great. Only thing is it is a little tight but I used a heat gun to bend the sides out a little bit to make it easier to get in and out. So if you know someone that has a Droid X holster laying around give it a try.

Attachments

• $image-3307870519.jpg
    $image-3307870519.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,155
  • $image-4110374880.jpg
    $image-4110374880.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,016
  • $image-1987564288.jpg
    $image-1987564288.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 2,015
  • $image-2283527384.jpg
    $image-2283527384.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,939
I'm looking for a IPhone 4S case with a kickstand - I saw one online last week but can't relocate the webpage.

I've noticed that after I removed the thin plastic strips (tip from the other thread) I started to get a rainbow effect on the screen. It fixes the air pocket issue but seems to add that in return. Do you get that problem sometimes?

Also, does your screen pick up a lot of oil from your fingerprints? I love the case but now that I'm using it more and more at work, I'm having to clean it every few times because it gets so oily. Almost so much I'm thinking of exchanging it for another one or trying another case.

Status
Not open for further replies.