What's new

Life proof case

steelerdude1

Reaction score
I bought a life proof case today, it's nice and offers great protection, but the screen protector has a slim bit of foam by the ear piece and camera lense that lifts the protector and you have to push harder on the screen towards the top, and when I play music from the phone speakers, I get a vibration sound that almost sounds like a blown speaker.

Anyone elso have these issues? Are there any fixes?

Last edited:
This seems to be a regular thing with their case. I don't own one yet but I have been reading reviews and other comments on their facebook page and this seems to be a common complaint. You should check out their facebook page.

I got the Lifeproof case and used it for 2 days. Loved the protection but too many drawbacks. You pretty much have to use a bluetooth headset with it because voice quality in and out suffers so bad. I cured the vibration sound by putting a small square of black tape on the back plate of the case to stop it vibrating against the phone. But all and all not happy with the case. If i go somewhere that i need the protection, fine. But no good for day to day use. Oh well.

dont get had it returned ... go with outerbox much better just my view.........

I bought a life proof case today, it's nice and offers great protection, but the screen protector has a slim bit of foam by the ear piece and camera lense that lifts the protector and you have to push harder on the screen towards the top, and when I play music from the phone speakers, I get a vibration sound that almost sounds like a blown speaker.

Anyone elso have these issues? Are there any fixes?

You are not alone with this report.

Have a look at this existing thread:http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...roof-iphone-5-availability-47038/index12.html

Thanks for sending me to the FB page. I found out I got the first version, and that the bugs have been worked out in the newest version, and that lifeproof will replace the one I have for the new version. I filed a warranty claim, so I should be sent a new one.

I have the same problem with my lifeproof case what did you do did you call them because I need a new case my sound sucks and it's a vibrating sound in my ear

I had the lifeproof case worst part was sound issue and screen protecter was not flush enough......... always look like air bubbles were in it....... I switched over to outerbox so much happier...

@DayoDee, I filed a warranty claim on the website. My research show it takes them about 2 weeks to get the new one out to you.

I went with otterbox defender after reading alot of bad reviews on lifeproof, i must say I'm impressed with quality of the otterbox only drawback I found is listening too music it's a little muffled for some reason....

I went with otterbox defender after reading alot of bad reviews on lifeproof, i must say I'm impressed with quality of the otterbox only drawback I found is listening too music it's a little muffled for some reason....

It shouldnt be there is nothing covering the speakers on the ip5 while using the defender.

Oh ok so just go to there website and file a warranty complaint

kack said:
It shouldnt be there is nothing covering the speakers on the ip5 while using the defender.

Exactly why I'm baffled cause I can clearly hear a difference when not in case... All I can think is different song qualitys are causing this..?

The Serial Number on the back ofthe box needs to be above 360,000.