What's new

LED after getting emails?

SeeEss

Reaction score
When my phone is dark (not off), is there a way to have a light or LED blink so I will know I have received an email or a text? My Android did this but I cannot figure out how to make my iPhone 5 do it. Any help is appreciated!

Go to "Settings" - "General" - "Accessibility" - "Hearing" - "LED Flash for Alerts".

Sent from my iPhone 5

No, there is no way to get missed notifications through an led flash on any ios device. They don't come with led's behind the screen like android devices. One of the biggest things I miss about my S4. What dedzdedz is referring to is the camera flash, but that only happens when you initially get the notification, after that you have to have reminders set to on, or just activate the screen to see if there are any missed notifications.

Apple dropped the ball on this one.

No, there is no way to get missed notifications through an led flash on any ios device. They don't come with led's behind the screen like android devices. One of the biggest things I miss about my S4. What dedzdedz is referring to is the camera flash, but that only happens when you initially get the notification, after that you have to have reminders set to on, or just activate the screen to see if there are any missed notifications.

Apple dropped the ball on this one.

How did Apple drop the ball on this? You have to be able to see the LED on the Android device. Which means you are most probably within arm reach. So you pick up the device and hit the home or standby button and you see everything you missed. Which is much more informative than a blinking LED. And yes, I know you can blink it different colors depending on what type of alert it is, but it still doesn't tell you what the alert is about which still requires you to pick up the phone.

You missed the whole point. Have you ever used a device with an led notification? It is much more convenient to be able to glance at a device and see if you have a notification waiting than to have to actually handle it. Don't get all defensive because someone points out that other devices have a better feature than your beloved iphone lol.

You missed the whole point. Have you ever used a device with an led notification? It is much more convenient to be able to glance at a device and see if you have a notification waiting than to have to actually handle it. Don't get all defensive because someone points out that other devices have a better feature than your beloved iphone lol.

Yes. Since 2009. Still have my Droid A855 and Droid X fully functional. And they were doing multicolor since 2010.

And if you think I am an Apple fanboy, you haven't been reading my posts for the last four years. I dislike both operating systems equally. :D

No I don't think it is a "needed" feature. But that is an opinion. And I formed it after using the feature from 2009 thru 2011.

Thanks guys. It was worth a try. I will manage to live without LED's on my phone. :)