What's new

Laugh of the Day

IMG_1120.JPG

I think looking at that photo it's a credit to the makers.
The car has crumbled but the screen has not broken can't see that airbags have not gone off.
Does that mean it a slow crash ?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Well, the traffic light is still with the truck, that never happens as the traffic lights belong to the city/county and would not accompany a vehicle to a salvage yard. Secondly, traffic lights are never placed that close to the ground (it would invite vandalism and inhibit the view from vehicles further away). I'm not sure how that traffic light got there, but no one, not even firefighters, will cut a traffic light and send it along with the vehicle.

Modern vehicles are designed to crumble in order to absorb the impact before it reaches the cab, thus protecting the occupants as much as possible. Given the amount of force required to do that much damage to the bumper, the airbags were indeed activated. I would guess that this was not a slow crash. I would also guess that the traffic light was placed there after-the-fact.. perhaps to add shock and awe to the picture.

Well, the traffic light is still with the truck, that never happens as the traffic lights belong to the city/county and would not accompany a vehicle to a salvage yard. Secondly, traffic lights are never placed that close to the ground (it would invite vandalism and inhibit the view from vehicles further away). I'm not sure how that traffic light got there, but no one, not even firefighters, will cut a traffic light and send it along with the vehicle.

Modern vehicles are designed to crumble in order to absorb the impact before it reaches the cab, thus protecting the occupants as much as possible. Given the amount of force required to do that much damage to the bumper, the airbags were indeed activated. I would guess that this was not a slow crash. I would also guess that the traffic light was placed there after-the-fact.. perhaps to add shock and awe to the picture.

However it happened l hope the people inside got out safely.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.