What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

Here’s a screenshot of Settings>General.
F035A924-9521-4A7B-A9B6-0AA778DA5528.jpeg

The image you sent me is just the way I remember my IOS 13 Settings-General figuire.
In my actual Settings-General, Car Play is missing, it's place is empty
IMG_0001.png

Earlier today Apple stopped signing iOS 13.7, which means that you cannot downgrade from iOS 14.0.

I know every year with a new iOS, there are always many complaints about poor battery life. I've never had an issue before now. iOS 14 has def affected my battery on my iPhone 8. Tried some tweaks, but still an issue. Hoping my phone will adjust or that Apple will come out with another update soon.

Apple seeded tvOS 14.0.2 with bug fixes.
A few days ago, macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update for macOS Mojave has been released. It includes the security content of Safari 14.0.

I have just installed 14.1 and it automatically turned on 2 step verification for my Apple ID, which I did not want as my wife and I share the same Apple ID and email address on the two iPhone 8s and our iPad. A bit of a pain turning it off, as it means changing the Apple ID password and then making sure it is not invoked installing 14.1 on the 2nd phone.

edit: almost immediately on restarting, after installation of 14.1, a screen comes up about 2 step verification. Underneath the big continue button, is an options link; selecting this gives you the option of not installing 2 step.

Last edited:
One final (I hope) note on 2 Step Verification with iOS14.1: If, like me, you accidentally accept 2 Step, you have about 14 days to revert to your original settings. This does seem to require a change of AppleID password.

Apple released updates for
- watchOS (7.1 - AW 3 and later; 6.2.9 - AW 1 and 2; 5.3.9 - AW 1 and later)
- macOS (10.15.7 Supplemental Update, 10.15.7 Update)
- tvOS (14.2)
- iOS and iPadOS (14.2); iOS 12.4.9
- Apple Music for Android (3.4.0)

Apple released macOS Big Sur for devices that don‘t come with it preinstalled (list see thread)
Safari 14.0.1 for macOS Catalina and Mojave
A security update for macOS Mojave and High Sierra

Latest OS versions

Apple released iOS 14.2.1 with bug fixes, for the iPhone 12 Series only.

Last edited: