What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

There have also been security updates for macOS Mojave and High Sierra.
The Windows Migration Assistant for macOS Catalina is version 2.2.0.0 (v.1A11).
Safari for macOS Mojave and High Sierra has been updated to 13.1.1.
iCloud for Windows 7 and later has been updated to 7.19; iCloud for Windows 10 and later is now version 11.2.

Apple released security updates for the iPhone and iPad (13.5.1), the Apple Watch (6.2.6), tvOS 13.4.6 and for the Homepod (13.4.6).

There’s also a supplemental update for macOS Catalina, and a security update for High Sierra.

Last edited:
Apple released iOS and iPadOS 13.6, as well as watchOS 6.2.8, tvOS 13.4.8, and update for HomePod (13.4.8), macOS Catalina 10.15.6, and security updates for Mojave and High Sierra (2020-004).

Apple also released the following updates:
Safari 13.1.2 for macOS Mojave and High Sierra (this update is already included in macOS Catalina)
iOS 12.4.8 for iPhone 5s, 6, 6Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and 3, iPod touch (6th gen.)
watchOS 5.3.8
Xcode 11.6 for macOS Mojave 10.15.2 and later

Latest OS versions

A few updates, released by Apple recently:
iOS and iPadOS 13.6.1 (bug fixes)
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update
iCloud for Windows 10 and later: 11.3
iCloud for Windows 7 and later: 7.20

Last edited:
After joining the iOS14 Public beta group I got iOS14 public beta 5 which went fine. Today my iPhone XR automatically downloaded iOS14 public beta 6.
However when I hit the ‘install’ button and agree to the conditions, the verification starts and after a few seconds i get the following screen. I’ve been trying this on and off for the last few hours and get the same every time!
Is anyone else getting this?, and does anyone know why it won’t load?

IMG_0476.jpg

Maybe the verification failed because your iPhone wasn’t getting a good enough connection to the update servers. Try again now and see if it makes a difference.
This has happened to me a few times and trying again almost always works.

Panic averted! I finally realised what was happening. I tried deleting the downloaded update and redownload it, but still got the failure to verify notice.
I was wracking my brain to think what I may have done differently with this update, and then I had a brainwave, yesterday morning I had invoked my Nord VPN to connect on ALL wifi connections, and when I turned it off the verification started and the installation completed perfectly [emoji122].

So there’s a warning for anyone trying to download and install ANY software updates......TURN OFF YOUR VPN!!

The most recent updates:
iOS and iPadOS 14.0
tvOS 14.0
Safari 14.0
watchOS 7.0
Xcode 12.0
iTunes for Windows 7 and later 12.10.9

Information is up to date:
Latest OS versions

I have been reading up this morning about the new ios 14 widgets and how they can be moved around the home pages. So I just tried moving a new widget, on the left of home-page, to the right-most page with the aim to start by having my old widgets (launcher, etc.) still to the left. I am not sure how it happened, but moving a widget from the left of home-page to 3 pages to the right emptied out all my folders. I now have 16 pages of 20 apps on each page rather than 2 pages of about 30 apps and folders. I am tempted to resort to the backup I made this morning pre-ios 14 and start again as I tend to remember the icon and location than app name.

I did not find Apple Car Play in the usual place in Settings, after I update to IOS 14.
Does anybody know where is it now?

I did not find Apple Car Play in the usual place in Settings, after I update to IOS 14.
Does anybody know where is it now?
If it‘s available in your country, you‘ll find it in Settings - General.