What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

Also, rebooting the router may help.

Didnā€™t need a router in OS 10 or 11. Apple has made a change where one cannot direct connect to a WiFi printer without a router. It appears that Apple now tests to see in the internet is present and if not disconnects the WiFi connection. 25 seconds later it attempts to connect again which it will do for another 25 seconds.

Didnā€™t need a router in OS 10 or 11. Apple has made a change where one cannot direct connect to a WiFi printer without a router. It appears that Apple now tests to see in the internet is present and if not disconnects the WiFi connection. 25 seconds later it attempts to connect again which it will do for another 25 seconds.
Hmmm. Thatā€™s weird. Iā€™m running 12.0.1 on my iPhone and it connects wirelessly to my printer just as it always has. Maybe I just donā€™t understand the problem.

Here's the Apple troubleshooting guide for AirPrint. If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device

Here's the Apple troubleshooting guide for AirPrint. If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device

The trouble shooting guide is for a WiFi network with a router or direct cable connected. My HP printer has WiFi enabled which in essence becomes its own WiFi network. On my iPhone in Settings under the WiFi tab, I select the printer and it connects. In about 5 seconds under the printer I get No internet con... then 20 more seconds the complete message No internet Connection and the printer is disconnected. But because it is my preferred connection, it is reconnected and the sequence repeats until I turn off the WiFi tab.

In OS10 and 11, I would stay connected even though the message did come up No Internet Connection and would stay connected for as long as I want.

This is not a HP problem, since it didnā€™t come up until Apple released OS12 and OS12.0.1.

You aren't supposed to connect directly to the printer through Settings under the WiFi tab. Try these directions. Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I may not have been supposed to connect this way, but iOS10&11 did without a problem. iOS12 has changed this. I did contact support and the basic message was that it did but doesnā€™t now. I was told to place the issue on apple.com/feedback which I have done. I really like many Apple products and applications, but this a case of Apple knows better what the end user wants than the end user does.

I'm upgrading to iOS 12.1 right now across all of my iDevices. Has anyone run into any issues?

The only problem Iā€™ve seen is that I couldnā€™t do an OTA update to the release version of iOS 12.1 from the beta release and had to update through iTunes.

iTunes has been updated to 12.9.1, Safariā€˜s latest software is 12.0.1, and there have been two security updates: Security Update 2018-001 for High Sierra, and Security Update 2018-005 for Sierra.
iCloud for Windows is now version 7.8

Watch OS 5.1 has been pulled by Apple as itā€™s ā€˜brickedā€™ a few series4 watches during the update